PDA

View Full Version : 5 dot "mega" clinic

Doug O
07-20-2013, 01:36 PM
THE "ULTIMATE STILLWATER ACADEMY" - "U.S.A."
. www.fivedotflyfishing.com (http://www.fivedotflyfishing.com)

5 DOT CLINIC Testimonials

Terry Thomas
Kiene’s Fly Shop Staff

5-Dot is an excellent fishery and Doug’s seminars are outstanding. I participated in last July’s program and learned several techniques that have allowed me to be a much more efficient Stillwater angler.

JULY 2013

I have been seriously fly fishing since the early 1980’s (Wow that is 30 years!), my favorite has been small high mountain streams, with the closest thing to still waters being a beaver pond. Now in my mid 70’s I am realizing that still waters are more and more going to be my future.

I have fished many still waters, some from shore some from a boat, and probably fished the damsel hatch at least two dozen times over the past 30 years, the July 2013 Stillwater Clinic with Doug Ouellette and his crew on 5 Dot reservoir was without a doubt the best damsel fishing I have ever had, bar none! Considering that the weather for the previous two weeks had been hot, warming the water to 70 deg. down to 15 ft. and deeper, causing an algae bloom making the conditions less than ideal, despite that Doug and his crew put us onto plenty of scrappy rainbows in the 18” to 20”+ range.

The techniques learned at the hands of Doug , will undoubtedly be invaluable for my future still water fishing, those of you reading this are missing a terrific opportunity if you pass on the opportunity to fish with Doug.

Ken B. Pres. NCCFFF

510-793-7913

Doug,
Tillie and I would like to thank you for some of the most memorable flyfishing we have had in the last 7 years. As a fisheries biologist with 36 years of experience in the Great Basin, there are only a handful of waters that can compare to the quality fishing we encountered. The other anglers were all having a great time hooking up and sharing that great fishing experience. Keep up the good work.
Thank you, Mike Sevon

cproto

Fishing is Learning at 5 Dot

For some of you stillwater guys I wanted to make sure you saw this post. I originally posted it under General.
If you want to learn more about stillwater fishing consider taking this clinic.

At 5 Dot Fishing Is Learning

I love learning about fishing. I guess that is why I sometimes throat sample fish with a small hand pump to see what they are eating. I also love learning about fishing from good teachers who have exceptional teaching ability. For me good teachers are passionate about their subject and deeply care about their students being successful with what they are learning. My good friend KD a while back pointed out to me that fishing is learning. This last weekend I was reminded about this once again. Doug Ouellette’s Recent 5 Dot Stillwater Clinic demonstrates excellent teaching. Doug has pulled together a team of experts to help workshop participants better understand fishing stillwaters. This last weekend I attended my third 5 Dot Stillwater clinic and once again came away with new learnings. Doug is always adding new things to help keep the clinic fresh. This year Doug invited Ernie Gulley who is an excellent teacher and chironomid expert. Ernie’s home water is Lake Crowley and at times his clients boat over 100 fish a day. Ernie works with 200 plus chironomid color combinations . Ernie willingly shared important details that make for successful midge fishing. Doug also brought in a friend that is an expert at fishing from the shore. Doug’s friend took students and walked the shoreline and coached them while they stalked fish and landed them. This experience will prove to be valuable the next time these anglers approach a stillwater from shore. Doug helps the angler effectively set up their rod so that the leader efficiently fishes the target depth. Doug also points out details about fly selection that helps build your confidence and how to retrieve them for optimum results. In the end you spend a lot of time on a first class Stillwater learning about fishing.
Carlo

Rockman
07-20-2013, 01:57 PM
Hey Doug,
I would like to know the cost of the clinic and book a spot.
Also, is there any camping space at 5 Dot? I have a self contained pop up truck camper that I want to stay in.
Thanks & looking forward to it.

Tight Lines
Will Keller
(Rockman)

Doug O
07-20-2013, 02:45 PM
Go to www.fivedotflyfishing.com for more info