PDA

View Full Version : LMB School with KD

Hatch
07-13-2013, 11:40 AM
Sam Y and I talked Capt. Kevin Doran into coming along with us out to the Delta, on my boat, to teach us the "LMB on the Fly game". Holy Crap - It was really fun !! KD is by far the most knowledgeable person, about the Delta, that I have ever fished with. I have never been so quiet. Sam and I listened and watched "the Man" do his thing. Very Cool !! The Top Water bite was good and we both learned a Ton about this type of fishing.
It would be a shame if the KD man doesn't start guiding again !!!

Great Day, Thanks Sam and Thanks a Ton to Capt. Kevin

HATCH

Rossflyguy
07-13-2013, 04:07 PM
What's that fly in the last few pics?

Darian
07-13-2013, 09:59 PM
Good to see the captain back fishing again. My partner and I had the pleasure of a guided trip with KD a few years ago and had a great time while catching top water bass. We both learned a bunch about Delta bass and how/where to fish them.

I see KD still prefers the natural deer hair diver.... :cool:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-13-2013, 10:28 PM
Captain Kevin Doran is the LMB top water guy.....plus Striper guy too....

Andy Guibord and I got to go out with KD several times and after the first time on the way home we decided we did not know anything about it until that day.

Top water LMB in the Delta is a different game than the tons of farm pond float tubing we did before meeting KD.

You add tide movement and it is all different and way cool.

You guys were lucky to get to see him in action.

We all hope he will some day get back to guiding down there again.

Some years back we had a Kiene's Merssage Board LMB outing at Lundborg Landing in the Delta.

KD came over with his boat and volunteered to take groups of us out and show us how he fishes the top water LMB.

Pretty nice of him............