PDA

View Full Version : La Paz Tomorrow

Tony Buzolich
07-08-2013, 03:46 PM
It sounds like things have really turned on down there. Tailhunters reported this last week was red hot for BIG dorado that averaged 30#-#50, along with lots of wahoo showing as well.

We'll be heading out tomorrow with my wife and eight of my good buddys for La Paz. A little different this year we'll be fishing more of the northern part of Isla Cerralvo and Espirito Santo for all of the blue water game and we'll have a change to fish some local mangrove jungles for snook and permit.

This really ought to be a fun trip with a lot of new scenery and a few new species to boot. Full report and pics when I get back,
TONY

David Lee
07-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Have a safe trip , Tony !

D.~

Baja Fly Fisher
07-08-2013, 07:51 PM
You better hope the hurricane winds pass. Talked with some captains today and they had 25 mph winds yesterday and today, no fishing. According to them tomorrow could be iffy but the rest of the week looks OK. Quite unusal to have three tropical storms this
early in the season and one is in the future.
Have fun

Jay

Mrs.Finsallaround
07-09-2013, 05:36 AM
You better hope the hurricane winds pass. Talked with some captains today and they had 25 mph winds yesterday and today, no fishing. According to them tomorrow could be iffy but the rest of the week looks OK. Quite unusal to have three tropical storms this
early in the season and one is in the future.
Have fun

Jay

Yikes! We will be on the East Cape this Saturday for the subsequent 8 days..... sure hope we have mostly good days!

Darian
07-09-2013, 08:36 AM
Always a possibility of adverse weather down there. Unless there's a line-up of incoming storms, the majority of days will be warm/clear/calm in the AM and hot/breezy in the afternoon.

Even if you're "beached" for a short time, there's potential surf fly fishing around the lodge.

Good luck/trip.... :cool: