PDA

View Full Version : Sage one 10 or 11 weight/

Tony
07-07-2013, 02:49 PM
I am thinking about getting a sage one 10 or 11 weight.

I have thrown a friend's 10 weight and you can throw it all day. I am wondering if you can throw the 11 weight
for at least a few hours without too much difficulty. This may be the primary consideration. I know that is not true for most rod models even for a 10 weight.

I am going to use it for big river stripers (a lot of wood on the water) and saltwater fish including (hopefully) Tarpon in fla. and other saltwater fish.

I have a 9 weight xi3 and [I] like it although it does not throw as well as a one. I suspect the lifting power of a 10 weight one is probably not much greater than my 9 weight xi3 so a 10 weight one may be somewhat redundant except as to size of flies that can be thrown.

I know the one 11 weights are in short supply but thankfully that is not an issue

Thoughts?

Darian
07-15-2013, 10:17 AM
I use 9/10/11 weight rods often these days and find that whether I tire during a session has more to do with the weight of the reel(s)that I use and the distance that I'm trying to cast than the difference between ratings of rods. IMO, there's probably not going to be big difference in actual weight between the 10/11 rods.

I recommend going to your local fly shop and ask them to allow you to test cast both rods. :cool:

aaron
07-15-2013, 10:21 AM
I fished the ONE 1190 and loved it. Light and easy to throw, but with the balls to turn a big fish.