PDA

View Full Version : McCloud....??

BobVP
06-24-2013, 01:14 PM
Is there any particular place (for food) that I should not miss in McCloud?
I'll be there for a few nights (for a tango workshop) and then off to the river for a few days and thought it would be nice to have at lease one great dinner.
Thanks....Bob

Tfisher
06-24-2013, 05:09 PM
I'll be there for a few nights (for a tango workshop) and then off to the river for a few days and thought it would be nice to have at lease one great dinner.
Thanks....Bob

Mt Shasta has some interesting restaurants, but I'm not aware of anything in McCloud. I've heard the place on the left across from the Chevron has steaks and such fare but I've never been. And I'm up there nearly every month or 2.

Frank.S
06-24-2013, 05:55 PM
The Dunsmuir Brewery is pretty awesome and it is only a short drive outside of McCloud.

http://www.dunsmuirbreweryworks.com/

bonneville54
06-24-2013, 07:46 PM
Thanks....Bob

A Tango workshop? In McCloud? I'm impressed!

flyfisher7
06-24-2013, 09:47 PM
If you want to have a really special meal make a reservation at the Cafe Maddelena in Dunsmuir. You won't be sorry. www.cafemaddalena.com

BobVP
06-25-2013, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the replies...I'll give the brewery a try. I've had the pleasure of eating at the Maddalena...great lamb!

Rockman
06-25-2013, 12:46 PM
Maddalena's has great everything, at the Brewery, try the beer batter bread appetizer w/ a brew of your choice. In McCloud, my friends are telling me that the McCloud River Lodge has been awesome too! Need breakfast to go? Yaks is soon to open in Dunsmuir if they haven't already, the breakfast burritos are great road food, for a sitdown breakfast, go over to the Dogwood Diner and get the Corn Beef Hash. You won't need a lunch after that delicious bomb of a breakfast.
Rockman

P.S. If your Tango is not up to step, look for Nicole in Dunsmuir, she is teaching my two Dunsmuir neighbors how its done. Best looking Tango instructor in Nor Cal for sure.

BobVP
07-13-2013, 12:50 PM
My few days in McCloud lead me to the White Mountain Cafe, inside the Mercantile building, and it was more than adequate for lunch. Even with all the tango dancers in town and the very, very hot weather the wait staff managed to get things out and still be friendly. The food was simple but properly cooked. Good place to stop in when you are in the area.

In Dunsmuir the Cornerstone bakery/cafe is a great breakfast.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.