PDA

View Full Version : Anchor System for Scadden Assault Pontoon

Langenbeck
06-22-2013, 04:14 PM
Looking for recommendations. The Scotty system for $68 looks fine. Appreciate any input.

Jet
06-23-2013, 02:27 PM
I saw one on an escape and it looked like it works fine. Joey is looking for one for his escape. The only issue that came up is the anchor rubs in the boat when it is in the up position so that person added an extra layer of material so it would not rub through the pontoon.

Jet

betty
06-24-2013, 09:12 AM
Gordon
Joey saw my set up on my Scadden Eacape.. I use the Scotty anchor system and it works like a charm---just reach behind me, pull up on the rope, and down the anchor goes. But the anchor and rope do rub against the pontoon sides when I raise the anchor---- so I created a sleeve out of Naugahyde, thru which the Scotty straps go (the ones that attach the anchor base to the pontoon) so that the anchor rubs on that layer of material. Glad I did, cuz it's getting plenty roughed up. I use an 8 lb mushroom anchor. Hope that helps.
Betty

Langenbeck
06-24-2013, 10:06 AM
Betty,

Thanks for the insight. Was concerned about the potential rubbing issue when the anchor is in the up position.

Cutthroat
06-25-2013, 05:16 PM
I have a Scadden Renegade and use the Scotty anchor system with it. I like it very much. My anchor is a mesh bag filled with 8 to 10 pounds of rocks. I strap the anchor system at an angle, and don't have a problem with it rubbing against the inflatable pontoon.

Cutthroat