PDA

View Full Version : Bass Lake Area

ICE
06-18-2013, 02:40 PM
The family is heading out to some kinda 100 year lease family camp ground just east of Bass Lake. I cant seem to find any cold water to fish. Any suggestions for an afternoon wet wade? I'll try to get a specific base camp location
Thanks in advance.
ICE

wineslob
06-19-2013, 11:58 AM
Off of Hwy 50 above Eldorado Hills? If so, that's nothing but Bass.

ICE
06-19-2013, 12:02 PM
Outside of Oakhurst off Hwy 41 Yosemite south entrance area
Thanks

wineslob
06-19-2013, 12:27 PM
Google Earf might be your friend. I'd say lots of opportunities.

Chris Evison
06-19-2013, 02:25 PM
Lake is stocked with trout, Kokanee, bass , crappie and more. Close to south entrance to Yosemite, might check the South Fork of the Merced in the Wawona area and downstream from there. Fishing the Merced River in Yosemite Valley is an option.

Could go fish Bridal Veil Creek off the Glacier Pt road, good for dry fly Brookies and could be good for wildflowers right now. Use a 3wt or lightest rod you have. Beware of Mosquitos, could be bad so carry repellent. This would be my choice.

I second checking Google Earth. Plenty of Forest Service land around with small creeks. I remember a small creek before park entrance near Town of Silvertip (I think that is right).

If you go into park be sure to check out the Sequoia Grove near Wawona. Impressive, big trees.

wineslob
06-20-2013, 07:43 AM
If you go into park be sure to check out the Sequoia Grove near Wawona. Impressive, big trees.

I'll second this. Check out Big Creek in this area.

ICE
06-20-2013, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the responses, I was mainly looking for some general ideas and the easy way out. I won't have a lot of time for exploring, and will be about 5 miles east of Bass Lake.

Thanks
ICE

FlyFisher007
06-25-2013, 11:06 PM
It has been many years since I have fished that area, but there is a road just past Bass Lake called Beasore Rd. There are a few streams on that road. Choquito creek isn't too far up the road, but could be low water this year. Farther up is Granite Creek, which used to fish great for small to medium trout. I can't remember how long it takes from Bass Lake. If you look at Mapquest and follow Beasore Rd. it will run into Granite Creek Rd. The road used to be in good shape and you could drive right to the stream, no 4X4 needed. Hope this helps if it is not too late.