PDA

View Full Version : Heads for a scandi line

Scott V
06-14-2013, 02:05 PM
What type of heads do I use with a scandi line?

Jeff C.
06-14-2013, 02:21 PM
I started out with 10 poly leaders but have now gone to 15 ft poly leaders. If you are a beginner at two hand casting, go with the 10 ft ones starting with a floating one until you gey you basic casts down. Sinking tips can be bit of a problem in the beginning .

winxp_man
06-14-2013, 02:40 PM
Poly or versi leader all the same different companies. But pick out a set of 10 ft leaders and like Jeff said start with floating its easier to learn with. I started with sinking and it was a little work but managed. Even in single hand rods first line I learned with was the type 3 30' shooting head. I guess sinking lines are my thing :D

Also what rod you have and what scandi line?

Scott V
06-14-2013, 02:51 PM
Aron,
My good buddy Bill built me a 6 weight switch rod, I can't remember the make of the blank. It was the cheapest route for me to go and from what I have been told it is a nice blank. I can't remember the line of the top of my head right now either. I plan to go to the shop on Saturday and get the 10' floating head for it. I'll post the make of the blank and line tonight.

fishngy
06-14-2013, 07:56 PM
It is a Batson Blank. Working on reaming out the cork handle night and hope to have the guides epoxied this weekend. It's looking soooo sweet! Bill

Larry S
06-18-2013, 03:51 PM
Scott,
You're going to have to join the spey pages board. Kiene is a sponsor. Lots of good people and great advice;
just like here at Kiene
Best,
Larry S

Charlie Gonzales
07-29-2013, 10:42 PM
If your trying to get deep you want a Skagit line with a set of (mow)tips.

Stick with poly leaders for the Scandi

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-30-2013, 06:37 AM
I agree 100% with Charlie here.

DAVID95670
07-30-2013, 09:58 AM
If your trying to get deep you want a Skagit line with a set of (mow)tips.

Stick with poly leaders for the Scandi
if you are trying to get down deep iFlight head way better than a floating skagit, and Scott I would consider a rage line using the scandi for floating or intermeadiate ploy .....

I have only iFlight and Rage heads now .... the rage does the work of a scandi and there are so few times i want to toss a really small fly with a two handed rod .... until i get my 5 wt switch LOL