PDA

View Full Version : Fishing was good

Jay Murakoshi
06-13-2013, 06:43 PM
for small dorado. The guys went to the buoys today and all they could find was "peanut size" dorado. So they went looking for roosters and found a few. The winds were a little breezy in the morning but laid down and it got HOT. The temperature today at Muertos was hovering around 105 degrees.. Just like some california cities are getting right now.
Tomorrow morning is my last day to the beach, so hopefully it will be a positive day. Positive or negative, this has been a real good year, especially early season for big roosters and a few big jacks. There was a jack caught yesterday that was probably 30lbs+.
The sad thing is that there is a tournament going on for the next week. Put on by Fisherman Fleet/Davey Jones. It's the biggest fish brought in. So in laymans term, that means just about anything. We saw a rooster around 35lbs being filleted out. One big dorado, a lot of big amber jack. This is a donation tournament... Supposeably all the money is going to the schools in Los Planes.
Anyway, I'm all packed except for my toothbrush and traveling clothes for saturday.

See you on the turn around

Jay

PS..... A lot of people have already signed up for specific weeks next year. For those who have, I'll be sending out invoices in a week or two.