PDA

View Full Version : Tarpon Honeymoon

Garrett S Realtor
06-11-2013, 04:31 PM
As always when I get advice from the fine people on this board I return with a report. Without going into too much detail, once again the tarpon won. Many opportunities to feed fish and we just couldn't get them to eat. After two days of guiding we rented a boat and headed to the backcountry where I successfully found Tarpon (which in my opinion, with all that water is a win) and once again could not get them to eat. Was a hell of a learning experience and will feel much more confident when I return. Below is a video I put together, my first one ever. I know I have major A.D.D when it comes to fishing videos and want to get straight to the action so to skip all the pictures and get to the fishing skip to 1:15 into the video with the best footage of tarpon at 6 mins in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSCXekx4w-8&feature=youtu.be

sasuga2
06-25-2013, 08:15 AM
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your trip. I love getting out of the Eastern Sierras each year to chase Tarpon in the Keys. It's the best game around and it was definitely tough last month.

Cheers

Garrett S Realtor
06-25-2013, 12:52 PM
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your trip. I love getting out of the Eastern Sierras each year to chase Tarpon in the Keys. It's the best game around and it was definitely tough last month.

Cheers

You are welcome. There was plenty of fish around just could not get them to eat :(

Boneafidecharters
11-27-2013, 12:20 PM
I would come down in April or May if you want your best shot at sticking a big poon.

Warm regards,

Capt JT Gabriel
Bone~A~Fide Charters
561.289.6161 Cell
786.563.3474 Home
www.inshorenation.com
boneafidecharters@yahoo.com
Mercury Marine Pro Team
Egret Boats Pro Staff
Continental Trailers Pro Team
Salt Life Optics Pro Staff
Yeti Coolers Pro Staff
Carbon Marine Pro Staff
Lenco Marine Pro Team
Penn Reels Pro Staff
Sufix Line Pro Staff
Airflow Fly Lines Pro Staff
www.rajeffsports.com
Hatch Fly Reels Pro Staff

jbird
11-27-2013, 02:54 PM
I wouldnt give up on the keys in the autumn. The tarpon are smaller but there is "0" pressure out there and the resident fish are very abundant. The chances of a slam are pretty good too. i fished Big Pine Key in early Oct. a few years ago and jumped 10 tarpon and landed 6 before noon! It coulda kept going but my guide wanted to chase the slam.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-27-2013, 07:28 PM
When were you there?

Really cool video footage.

Reel Ventures on the Fly
02-13-2014, 12:53 PM
Wow it has been a long time since I have been on this page. I was in a the Marathon Keys area