PDA

View Full Version : New group - last week

Jay Murakoshi
06-09-2013, 06:34 PM
This is my final week here in La Paz. Am I ready to go home???? yes and no.
Only two fishermen this week, one from last week, Bill L and Edwin L who flew in yesterday.
Do you remember how the wind blew on Friday, well Efren said I blew harder yesterday and cancelled a Saturday trip. Today was breezy but not as bad as Friday. But the down side, the bait moved way north almost to the north end of the island. Only one bait boat out today, the cannelo's took the day off. There's plenty of bait but just hard to get close to the shore and net it, without hanging the net in the rocks.
After getting bait, we hung around the beach area where there are the three palms, can't remember the name of the area. Bill hooked on lady fish, when on the first jump, jumped right into the bow of the boat. Pretty funny. After, we went and pulled on a few skippies them headed to the light house, no one there. Except for a lot of medium size jacks and plenty of BIG roosters on the chew. They didn't hook up on any big roosters, wrong tackle.... Plus, like I have mention time after time, you can't catch the rooster with the fly in the air. You get the HINT.... Well tomorrow they are going out hopefully with the correct lines. I gave both of them my reels loaded with a F/I line. I'm staying back on the beach to sleep and go have a nice breakfast and coffee
I'll let you know what happens.

jay