PDA

View Full Version : Need a little Help from you guys please

StevenB
06-06-2013, 08:27 AM
I help with maintaining the Ted Fay flyshop web page and we seem to be having a problem with the Stats on page usage.
We have dropped from an average of over 3,000 hit/day in May to 6 hits/day in June.
I have talked to our web hoster and they say they do not see a problem with the stats on their end.
To help figure out the problem they suggested trying to generate a bunch of traffic on one specific day.
So if you could please go to http://www.tedfay.com/ today (06/06) so we can create some traffic today to see if it shows in the stats.

This is a real legitimate request, not just a sneaky way to up our usage.
I think the web hoster is having a problem with stats recording but I have to prove it to them.
I will try to add a poll to this post (never done it before so I hope it works) so If you could add a entry to the poll I can have a
independent record of the number of accesses.
thanks for your help.

Troutstalker55B
06-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Done Steve, hope things are going well for you and the shop. Good luck!

Bob G
06-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Just Completed.

Godd Luck!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-06-2013, 02:54 PM
Bob Grace and the rest of the folks at the Ted Fay Fly Shop are the best........

Gregg Machel
06-06-2013, 03:10 PM
Steven,
I generated a lot of traffic just now too. I noticed that you have the code for Google Analytics on your pages. Have you logged into this and compared with the bundled stats that you host gives you?

Let me know if you need more detail: gregg.machel@gmail.com

I do the website here for Kiene's and a few others as well.

StevenB
06-07-2013, 06:11 AM
Thanks to all who help out here.
Gregg - PM sent about google

Rockman
06-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Hey Steven,
I'm checking the board at least once a week. Something must not be right.

Will