PDA

View Full Version : Bass for Kids -- Where?

Troutsource
05-30-2013, 10:25 PM
I'm taking my 10-yr old son and 7-yr old daughter for some fishing this weekend (mix of fly fishing and spin casting). I'm looking for somewhere < 1 hour from the Roseville/Folsom area where catching a few fish will be easy (bass and even sunfish are fine). I'm considering the N. Fork American below Lake Clementine, or maybe the M. Fork American at Mammoth Bar, or even the S. Fork American around Coloma. Folsom Lake will be packed due to the boat races. Lake Natoma -- never heard a good report from there. Then there's the rumored bass ponds along the Yuba -- do they even exist, and how does one find them (I assume I could just look on Google maps and use my 4WD to drive over the cobble if necessary). Arden Pond -- don't know much about it. Camp Far West, Coon Creek and Bear River also sound intriguing...

Thanks.

Paul

Scott V
05-31-2013, 08:44 AM
Cameron Park, trust me. Even one of my cousins caught a bass and she has never fished before.

Troutsource
06-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Scott,

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I was time-starved and unable to drive to Cameron Park, but fished at Willow Pond instead (my first time). It was a great place for the kids -- lots of eager bluegill. I'll try Cameron Park when I have a little more time.

Paul

Scott V
06-04-2013, 08:02 AM
Paul,
Willow is a great place for bluegills and kids. I have caught bass there but nothing of descent size. I heard they drained it down earlier in the year. Good to hear there is water and gills.

ladalske
08-28-2013, 11:13 AM
I just took my kids to rancho seco... Not a bite. Where is willow pond? I am just interested in getting my kids hooked up!

SHigSpeed
08-28-2013, 12:10 PM
it's behind Folsom High.

_SHig