PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Patagonia Rio Gallegos Waders XL - New in Box

Bigskyman
05-20-2013, 08:11 AM
I have for sale a pair of Brand New in the Box Patagonia Rio Gallegos Waders, size XL...Never been worn or seen the light of day....

Retail price $499.00...Selling for $400.00/OBO

Payments via check or paypal...

Bigskyman
05-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Bump and price to move...

$350.00/OBO and will include shipping.

Rich Morrison
05-22-2013, 11:31 AM
A couple of things...it is against paypal policy to solicit payment for goods via the "gift" option to avoid fees...it does happen I know, but I'm guessing this forum does not appreciate adds that openly violate paypal policy. In addition, the "gift" option negates any protection for the buyer if you end up screwing them over. With only 5 posts on the forum I sure as heck am not going to deal with you...it screams rip off. Just my .02.
Rich

Bigskyman
05-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Rich, I think before you start banging people on this site you do not know me from Adam...and if you want to make suggestions about policies be glad to take suggestion for those who do not know...And by the way...5 posts do not mean rip off...only someone who reads but no need to post unless have something worthwhle to say...so I am sure your mother has told you.."if you have nothing good to say...keep it to yourself..."

If anyone wants to question my credibility, I would be glad to run over to Kiene's and have them verify this is real as I have been a customer of theirs for 20 years....

Rich Morrison
05-22-2013, 09:41 PM
Rich, I think before you start banging people on this site you do not know me from Adam...

Precisely.
It's a valid complaint that I went public with this instead of with a PM to you, but I've become a bit jaded recently with some of the dirt bag antics I've seen on forums. Being a lurker does not make you trustworthy and the whole "gift" thing set off alarms. As far as not having anything nice to say, well, my mother also told me to have common sense and to speak up for what I believe is right...regardless of how it might make others feel. I'm sure your offer of a face to face deal down at the shop will help some potential buyers. Those waders you are selling are some of the best available on the market and the price is a fair one. I also see you did edit your original post so thanks.
Rich

Cdbb
05-23-2013, 11:35 AM
I just bought a pair on Sierra Trading Post for $208, same size and everything,
But I returned them because their XL should have been listed as XXXXL. They were huge! And I'm 250 pounds.
I was going to write this up earlier when he first listed them, but I forgot. I'm only doing
So now as to give justification to why he can sell them brand new and relatively cheap. I don't mean to
Undermine you, only to back up your ability to sell them at such a discount. Chances are Sierra Trading Post is out of
These now, therefore your price is fair.

john
05-23-2013, 05:52 PM
Oh come on. This site and every other FF board has resellers--whether by hobby or avocation. I've bought stuff on sale, thinking I needed it, only to decide later--NOPE, and offerred it up.

I too bought those same waders off a FF board, size L and they're true to form. Don't know, but I don't think it was a turn-around.

Still think BigSkyman is owed an aplology w/o Mr. Morrisons' tongue planted firmly in cheek.

Bigskyman
05-27-2013, 11:49 AM
I have for sale a pair of Brand New in the Box Patagonia Rio Gallegos Waders, size XL...Never been worn or seen the light of day....

Retail price $499.00...Selling for $400.00/OBO

Payments via check or paypal...

Rock Bottom......Want to move them asap........ $300.00....will ship them out right away. PM if you have questions.