PDA

View Full Version : A good day today !!!!

Jay Murakoshi
05-19-2013, 07:21 PM
The new in had a real good day today. I was fishing with John W. with captain Efren. We got bait at the island and went to Punta Plias and hammered the roosters, big and small. I only have two boats this week so bait is not a problem loading the tank.
I saw the Canelo bro's both pulling in a net full.
Lot's of roosters between 5 and 13lbs. Some bigger ones were slashing the water with there big combs and eating everything in from of them. I think I ended up with 9 roosters and 3 sierra's. I lost 11 sierra's or I should say 11 flies - go bit off.
Then I let Erfen fish. He hammered the fish also. John was impressed with his backward cast which he was laying out around 70' of line. Then he started casting left handed, yes left handed. He was getting around 60' casting with the left hand.
John did well for the first day of fishing. Lot's of roosters, sierra's, etc.
Then we went to the beach on the island, damn there were a number of big roosters in the area and no one else around. But couldn't hook up on any of them.

Off to the lighthouse and the traffic jam, to many damn trollers. Saw a few small roosters and that was it. On to Ranchito.
It took a while but we eventually found some fish. A huge school of TORO's but no eats.
I did see one sicken'n thing. We had the big roosters all to ourselves untll a damn conventional boat came in. The trolled right by us and hooked a rooster around 25lbs. And the f******* captain gaffed the fish and killed it. On the beach, the clients had it fillet and took it home. I hope the hell they choke on it. The captain works for Davey Jones. It's pretty sad to see the captains kill these fish. I think the people who are fishing need to read up more about roosters and find out that they are not good table fare.

Gotta get some sleep

Jay