PDA

View Full Version : Roosterfish, etc!

Katz
05-09-2013, 10:57 AM
Here's a video of my week in Baja! A little reminder of why we go. Or an advertisement for why you should go!

http://youtu.be/4PCxEkn3vb4

Enjoy! Katz

Tim P
05-09-2013, 12:24 PM
The content owner has not made this video available on mobile. :(

jbird
05-09-2013, 12:48 PM
Kraig. What a WONDERFUL job of capturing your experience on video! Some of the best Ive ever seen! This clip is a very solid representation of what it can be like down there for feather flingers. Standing "O"

Only one problem.... Bowie. Lol

Thanks for the rush!

Scott V
05-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Nice video and great choice of music!

Jay Murakoshi
05-09-2013, 02:49 PM
Katz, good video showing what we do down here in Baja. I usually have 3 GoPro going during the day. One on a stick, one chest mounted and sometimes one mounted to the boat. But forgot the chest mount and sticky mounts this year. Yes, the pez gallo are definitely a target fish. Today was no exception. Lot's of big roosters came to hand. I've been here one month and have enjoyed every hour, every day, every year for the past - can't even count how many years. Gary, myself and James probably run the only Baja Fly fishing operation in the Las Arenas area. I know Gary and I combined put in a good 7+ months down here.
I have around 65 hours of video to edit and 700 photo's to select from, just need some time away from the water but with big number of clients starting this Saturday, can't see any light at the end of the tunnel

Jay

Tony Buzolich
05-09-2013, 04:17 PM
Way to go Craig. I'm most impressed with that Golden Grouper. They're all beautiful,
Tony

Katz
05-09-2013, 04:58 PM
I researched the Golden Grouper a bit. Sounds like it is a 1:100 genetic variation of the leopard grouper and is consider very bad luck to kill. Ours was released quickly! They are rumored to lead entire schools of the normal brown leopard grouper around the reef. The captain of the boat I was on was so excied about it that he had us take a picture of him holding it and we are sending him a copy of the picture. Very cool fish!! K

Darian
05-09-2013, 08:19 PM
Really enjoyed the video. I've been tying a bunch the last few days and the video got my juices going. Good job down there. :cool:

winxp_man
05-09-2013, 09:38 PM
Baby roosterfish For The Win! :D

Nice video one day I will have to get out there :)