PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Striper Yet another Look :)

Tony Buzolich
05-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Last Feb. 8, 2013 I caught the largest striper of my life on a fly in the Feather River. After a couple of quick photos I put her on a stringer and got her back into the water. Wanting another picture of me holding her I called my wife to come down and take a couple more pictures before I released her. Fish & Game actually came by and saw the fish on the stringer but had to check another boat and couldn't wait but would come back. During this wait, the stinger popped open and she released herself. Fortunately I took a couple of good pictures for measurements and calculated the weight to be 48lbs. 9oz. This I believe is the largest fly caught striped bass ever taken on the Feather River. There have been lots of other bigger stripers taken but none that I know of on a fly.

After a lot of convincing and coaxing by my friends (and my wife:)) I had a mount made of this fish using the exact measurements we came up with for the weight. It looks to be right on. My compliments to Northeast Taxidermy Studios in Middletown, CT. for the finest detailing of their work.

Here's a look of me holding my mount ,,,,,, the fish of a lifetime.
Tony

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b320/buzolich/stripermountemail_zps36735e70.jpg (http://s22.photobucket.com/user/buzolich/media/stripermountemail_zps36735e70.jpg.html)

Darian
05-08-2013, 06:09 PM
Tony,.... You and that mount look great. Keep up the good work. :cool:

Jimmie
05-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Congrats Tony, Great Fish, gorgeous mount, and a great pic!! :D

jbird
05-08-2013, 06:57 PM
What a trophy Tony! Great way to have the memmory live on!

winxp_man
05-08-2013, 07:27 PM
Good thing you listened to your friends and wife :D

OceanSunfish
05-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Congratulations. I'm glad your wife talked you into having the work done as it represents a lot of dedication, passion and hard work.

STEELIES/26c3
05-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Lookin' good, both a ya...

Congrats again.

You caught that girl on my big sister's birthday, February 8th. COOL!!

Ed Wahl
05-08-2013, 11:50 PM
Tony, you deserve to have a striper like that hanging on your wall more than anyone I know. The fact that she swam away makes the whole story a trophy. Ed