uninhibited,
trout leap to this bounty.

My puppet?
Palmered catskill style and biot.
Another rainbow rodeo.

http://tonysalpenglow.blogspot.com/2013/04/yuba-tanka-4-22-2013.html

gitt
04-22-2013, 07:16 PM
Hey, Tony. Checked out your corresponding blog post. Nice tie. Tying biot and stripped hackle stem bodies are productive patterns. I'd fish that.

Craig

Scott Thornley
04-22-2013, 08:20 PM
That's a truly a beautiful imitation of the fly I found crippled, drifting near the bank on Friday. Apparently that was what was getting all the trouts' attention, and not the March Browns that were occasionally coming off in the afternoon. If only I'd had one of those, because yes, it WAS one of those days where lots of walking and fishing netted a single fish...

alpen glow
04-23-2013, 06:13 PM
thanks! ya ive been trying to bring about ive differnt variations for each bug that seems to be the bug the fish were interested in the trip before. those biot body flys are my go to fly. also in a para dun as well. seems like not that many people use it, the fish really like them alot. i do Ralphs EC caddis now in a variation with a biot body ad switch to that if i get a "missed" take or refusal. sunday there were alot of yellow sallys come off and dropping eggs... i got lucky that the biot fly hit the color and size dead on...