PDA

View Full Version : Guide friend Charlie Costner reports in.....

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-13-2013, 08:04 AM
Hey folks, hope this finds you all well...trout season is upon us and I will be guiding again this year on the McCloud, the Upper Sac, and the Pit rivers...the Mc is at a fishable flow now and we will have to wait until the opener to see if remains that way...may we remain fire free this year please but the fire did burn into Ash camp and to the south or east side of the river in many places even down in the Preserve...the forest service cut many trees along the river fireline but hopefully the high water in Dec took them elsewhere...The upper Sac is open now, of course, but high and time will tell when get more fishable water...it got a scouring too in Dec so I'm sure will be some changes in the pools and riffles...The Pit, what can I say, is always high compared to the old days but where you can get in the fishing is good...after all it has more fish per mile than any of the others within miles...
I will be down every week since my travel time from southern OR is only about an hour or so to Mt.Shasta so either email me or call my cell at 541.601.2922 if on shorter notice if interested in fishing in the area...
I look forward to seeing again on the river...Charlie.