PDA

View Full Version : SF Bay Area Surf

ICE
04-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Any one in the SF Bay Area, throwing fly's in the surf? I'm looking for a partner in crime for weekend outings. My time is somewhat limited seeing that I've got a 5 month old at home and a wife that needs regular attention. That being said, I'm 15 minutes from Pacifica, and down.

If you don't want company, lets at least get some reports and local action / love for the greater bay and pacific.

J. ICE

Scott V
04-02-2013, 03:42 PM
I'll be heading to the surf in a couple weeks. I'll let you know when I go. I like Pacifica, but I really prefer to go to Stinson and places on the north side of the bay.

DV8
04-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Been slow down in Santa Cruz, a very few perch here and there and no stripers.

ICE
04-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Been slow in San Mateo County as well. I've been out casting a line maybe a dozen times since November and every other week walking the dog and talking to the gear heads. The consensus has been that it's been a bad winter for perch, stripers and sand crabs........
It's looking up though, I was out on Sat with an incoming tide and hooked one. The bait fishermen were pulling them in and there was lots of sand crab shells in the foam line. Big change from the weeks and months past. Hopefully things are coming into shape for the spring.

Wing Blue
04-04-2013, 08:07 AM
There's a few schoolie size stripes to be had in the froth, perching is hit and miss right now, Gray Whales abound nearshore.
Excellent water last week! Things should improve as summer nears. Good Luck.