PDA

View Full Version : Skwala Stones were out in force.......

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-30-2013, 06:58 PM
...on the Lower Yuba River yesterday afternoon in that heat.

One of our customers got a nice wild 19 inch Rainbow Trout on an adult Skwala pattern he tied himself.

Troutstalker55B
03-30-2013, 08:52 PM
The Skwalas are late this year by one moon cycle, I tied some skwala extended body flies up for a client and he hooked into 10 nice rainbows last week. You just never know about that lower Yuba...

Slice
03-30-2013, 09:08 PM
Fished the yuba today. Super muggy weather. Saw some skwala and a bunch of shucks above 20. Then i dunked like a dummy. I mostly dried out except for my crotch and went shopping for easter baskets looking like i wet myself. Yes, people stared. Another great day on the yuba. I fall once every moon cycle.

fishnbeatsworkin
03-30-2013, 10:27 PM
... I tied some skwala extended body flies up for a client and he hooked into 10 nice rainbows last week. ..

Jon, I see where Bob & I rank. I only caught 1 on the skwalas you tied up for us. lol

Troutstalker55B
03-31-2013, 08:05 AM
Jon, I see where Bob & I rank. I only caught 1 on the skwalas you tied up for us. lol

Sorry Dave but I soaked your flies in gasoline just to see you and Bob struggle, You guys took it well I guess but you did end up in Reno on the rough side of town.

You know where I'll be after the 6th, your welcome around my campfire anytime.

Frank R. Pisciotta
03-31-2013, 01:56 PM
et al---Our local fly fishing club, the Tahoe-Truckee Fly Fishers (www.TTFF.net) had the privilege of fishing the UC property yesterday, Saturday.

Few fish were hooked & landed during the morning session; strictly indi-fishing; maybe all of about five to the net by a large group. After lunch we had plenty surface targets. Prime-time was 1:15-2:45 PM. Main surface imitations were March Browns; duns or cripples. There were lots of Skwalas flying about, some crawling on our bodies; a few fish were hooked on adult patterns....what seemed like a sparse appearance of PMD's (?). Most fish were 12"-14" with some netted to 17".

Frank R. Pisciotta