03-27-2013, 11:33 AM
Saw this on another forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXqUvet_lhU&feature=player_embedded

Rockman
03-27-2013, 12:51 PM
Me Toooooo!!!

Ned Morris
03-27-2013, 01:36 PM
Northern New Brunswick and Southern Quebec have magical waters. I highly recommend you all to put Atlantic Salmon of Maritime Canada on your bucket list. It's expensive but waaaaay more affordable than Iceland, Scotland, Norway, Russia, etc.....

Restigouche River and Matapedia River are my favorites although only ones I have ever fished for the King of Gamefish. Moisie and Boneventure Rivers are next for sure

David Lee
03-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Speechless ? I'm shocked !!!!

You mean to tell me you can catch Salmon WITHOUT a Spey Rod ?!?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!

D.~

(Yeah , it was pretty cool ......)

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-27-2013, 01:42 PM
I highly recommend that everyone watch this wonderful video clip.

Atlantic Salmon like dry flies and they love to jump too.

Nothing wrong with single handed fly rods for salmon or steelhead.

I think June is a good month up there..........

Lincoln Gray
03-27-2013, 02:30 PM
I just want to find a girl that can cast like that! LOL

Rockman
03-27-2013, 02:36 PM
Me Tooooooo!!!!
A good looking gal in wader's, now that is SEXY!

Ned Morris
03-27-2013, 02:58 PM
If you can speak Patois you will have no problem meeting some nice ladies from Quebec who like to fish over there. Out here it's another story

jbird
03-27-2013, 02:59 PM
Me Tooooooo!!!!
A good looking gal in wader's, now that is SEXY!

...And a gal with tales of catching chrome bigger than yer leg!

Larry S
03-27-2013, 04:06 PM
Careful guys; this is bordering on fish p@$% prose. Sweet casting, tho. Great video. Maybe Ned can speak to this.
I believe you must fish with a guide in those regions (assuming you're non-Canadian.)
Jay: trout opener should be about one month away. Any plans? Driftless Area?
Best,
Larry S

Ralph
03-27-2013, 04:10 PM
Genevieve made the cover of the last issue of Atlantic Salmon Journal and is on the Loomis Pro Staff. I think she's caught her weight in Atlantic salmon many times over.

jbird
03-27-2013, 04:42 PM
Larry. We have an early C&R season that opened March 1. I still have 2 feet of snow at my house. Not real sure where my waders are either ;)

Larry S
03-27-2013, 05:05 PM
Jay,
I know Michigan has a number of trout streams that are open thru the winter now.
Here's good news for you. I've purchased 5 copies of your "The Misadventures of
Peanut, Butter, and Jelly." Lots of rug-rat neighbors and nephews/nieces. With
all of those royalties, you can buy an ice auger!
Best,
Larry S

winxp_man
03-27-2013, 10:46 PM
Jbird,

One hell of nice video thanks for sharing!!

The ending folk music sounds like its Romanian folk and boy can you dance to it :D

wineslob
03-28-2013, 09:07 AM
Sent this to my wife, her response: " These are not the fish you are looking for. "

:D

Ned Morris
03-28-2013, 09:55 AM
Unfortunately that ASJ Cover shot didn't do Genevieve or the Salmon she was holding any justice. She looks like a damn good caster. I showed up on the Restigouche River last summer with a Single Hand 9'9" 9 wt. with a Reddington Rise among Winston and Thomas & Thomas 14-15' Speys with Mako and even a Stan Bongdan to boot. Needless to say I saw a few eyes roll at me. However my guide at the lodge who was over 70 and had been a guide since he was 18 on the Restigouche gave me the most respect and said "Sonny, we've caught Salmon on single hand Fly Rods for over a hundred years on this river. Don't think for a second you are outgunned even for these fish."

Either way works just fine.

Genevieve made the cover of the last issue of Atlantic Salmon Journal and is on the Loomis Pro Staff. I think she's caught her weight in Atlantic salmon many times over.

JasonB
03-28-2013, 02:21 PM
Wow! Really cool footage there. Looks like a ton of fun.
Thanks for sharing,
JB