PDA

View Full Version : Twin Falls or Idaho Falls for fishing

Scott V
03-26-2013, 08:30 PM
I am planning my trip this summer to Glacier and will have the opportunity to either stay in Twin Falls or Idaho Falls for 2 days, which will give me one full day of fishing. Which would you choose and why?

Thanks for any info.

aaron
03-26-2013, 10:09 PM
No comparison - Idaho Falls. The only thing Twin Falls has going for it is being closer to Sun Valley/Silver Creek.

From Idaho falls you're day tripping distance to some of the coolest stuff in the lower 48. You can hit the South Fork, lower Henry's, the ranch, the park, Hebgen, Madison, Teton etc. Or you can go spend the day in Jackson. And that's just the obvious stuff...

IF also has one of the best shops you'll find in Jimmy's.

Give me a call when you get into town, if I'm around I'll show you some spots or at least grab a beer with you. You know how to reach me.

JGB
03-26-2013, 10:33 PM
+1 for IF. Ain't nuttin in or around TF. The Wood is over-rated and Silver is pretty finicky. Ketchum and SV are fun though.

Like Aaron says, Idaho Falls is near everything...

Scott V
03-27-2013, 08:09 AM
Awesome, thanks guys. I head to the Beaverhead after Idaho Falls on my way to Glacier. I can't wait, 3 weeks on the road. Aaron I plan to be arrive on June 24 and fish all day the 25th. So try and get that day off so we can go and fish if you can.

Fly Guy Dave
03-29-2013, 04:05 PM
I wish you luck on the Beaverhead. I drifted it when it was supposedly "on fire" and I left with a powerful skunk stench and a ton of mosquito bites. I didn't see or hear about anyone catching anything that day, either. If that was "on fire" I'd hate to see it when it's slow...