PDA

View Full Version : CA group up in WA OP right now.....

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Bruce Slightem, Rick Jorgensen and Don Rotsma called me yesterday as they were driving north through Portland to tell me they were going to be fishing the Olympic Peninsula in WA for a week.

I hate those guys......no really.

Wish I was with them but not sure I am that much of a "Steelhead Commando" anymore?

I think fall fishing in Sept/Oct/Nov is more my speed now.............

Should get some reports soon.....

chromebright
05-27-2013, 10:53 AM
Well???..................

Rick J
05-27-2013, 01:39 PM
Fishing was tough during the week I was up there - had one fish on for quite awhile - likley close to the biggest steelehead I have hooked. Bruce had a nice fish to hand the day before Don and I got up there - we all had fish on briefly but nothing to hand. A couple of weeks later, Don was back up there with two other firends and all caught fish - though still tough - but that is winter fishing!!!

I will be back - in fact, I plan on retiring in 2.5 years and selling everything and buying a truck and tailer and that is where I plan to reside at least from January through April or May - then likely travel chasing fish - Henrys Fork and Silver Creek in the summer; Clearwater/Grande Ronde in the fall - Klamath late fall

shawn kempkes
05-27-2013, 04:05 PM
Fishing was tough during the week I was up there - had one fish on for quite awhile - likley close to the biggest steelehead I have hooked. Bruce had a nice fish to hand the day before Don and I got up there - we all had fish on briefly but nothing to hand. A couple of weeks later, Don was back up there with two other firends and all caught fish - though still tough - but that is winter fishing!!!

I will be back - in fact, I plan on retiring in 2.5 years and selling everything and buying a truck and tailer and that is where I plan to reside at least from January through April or May - then likely travel chasing fish - Henrys Fork and Silver Creek in the summer; Clearwater/Grande Ronde in the fall - Klamath late fall

Are you going to follow Ray around ? LOl

Rick J
05-27-2013, 08:34 PM
Shawn - very likely!!!!! Ray actually came down and met us last week at Billy Shaw - talk about nasty weather!!!!

Best,
Rick

Bruce Slightom
05-29-2013, 06:37 AM
Well it would not be all that bad to follow Ray around. Rick may be you could rent a portion of his motor home if the plan to move to Forks falls apart.

shawn kempkes
05-29-2013, 09:13 AM
Well it would not be all that bad to follow Ray around. Rick may be you could rent a portion of his motor home if the plan to move to Forks falls apart.
Don't move to Forks you will grow gills and you feet will get moldy from all the rain. Look at Sequim. Its an hour and a half away from the fishing but at least you are in a rain shadow. It also has things like decent stores and good french bread.

Ps I don't think Ray's killer cat would put up with another smelly fisherman.

shawn kempkes
05-29-2013, 09:14 AM
Don't move to Forks you will grow gills and you feet will get moldy from all the rain. Look at Sequim. Its an hour and a half away from the fishing but at least you are in a rain shadow. It also has things like decent stores and good french bread.