PDA

View Full Version : Feather High Flow is Blown

Dragking
03-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Hello,

Just a quick public service annoucement to let you all know that the Feather is super blown out below the Thermolito Afterbay outlet. Yesterday a buddy and I floated the from the top of the Wildlife area down to Palm. Fishing was slow in the low flow section. When we got to the outlet, the river transformed into chocolate milk and was FULL of debris. Visability was probably a foot or less. The river looked fine when we dropped our shuttle car, so they must have bumped the flows sometime mid-morning yesterday. I am not sure why they let 'er rip or how long it will take to clear, but I wanted to save you the trip to Oroville in the meantime.

I guess this means the fishing will be much better once it clears....

Frank Alessio
03-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Hello,

Just a quick public service annoucement to let you all know that the Feather is super blown out below the Thermolito Afterbay outlet. Yesterday a buddy and I floated the from the top of the Wildlife area down to Palm. Fishing was slow in the low flow section. When we got to the outlet, the river transformed into chocolate milk and was FULL of debris. Visability was probably a foot or less. The river looked fine when we dropped our shuttle car, so they must have bumped the flows sometime mid-morning yesterday. I am not sure why they let 'er rip or how long it will take to clear, but I wanted to save you the trip to Oroville in the meantime.

I guess this means the fishing will be much better once it clears....

Have they fixed the Low Flow Yet???

Lance Gray
03-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Have they fixed the Low Flow Yet???

No not yet. The flows will go up in the Low and High flows according to the folks that control the river. They're also going to start a hatchery construction project which might screw things up also.

Frank Alessio
03-11-2013, 06:33 PM
No not yet. The flows will go up in the Low and High flows according to the folks that control the river. They're also going to start a hatchery construction project which might screw things up also.

Thank you Lance...