PDA

View Full Version : Bahamas Air

MJones
03-01-2013, 07:14 AM
Anything different about Bahamas Air's regulations covering carry on fishing gear? Will my 2 rod, in a 4 pc rod case with reels, lines leaders on them be okay? How about a couple hundred flies in my carry on bag? Will only be on Bahamas Air from Nassau to Mayaguana. This is the set up I use whenever flying Delta or Alaska/Horizon Air & I'll be flying Delta to Nassau. Might have to repack in Nassau?

Larry S
03-02-2013, 06:12 PM
You might post this on the danblanton board, as well.
Best,
Larry S

MJones
03-02-2013, 09:13 PM
Larry,
It's on Dan's board.

mflyfish
04-10-2013, 11:43 PM
I flew on Bahamas Air at lot but its been a few years. Never had any trouble with gear. You can always check it. They would have to try pretty hard to lose it on a half hour flight, but they are a terrible airline. Had lots of trouble with them, but they never lost any luggage. Always wanted to go to Mayaguana, looks pretty cool. Post some info when you get back. I would be interested to know if you can do it on your own or not. Bonefish Buccanears used to book trips there and I think that couple who wrote the Bahamas Bonefishing book also do some booking there. That book is invaluable if you are doing a do it yourself trip. We have been fishing lighter rods, longer leaders and smaller flies for the last few years as the Bahamas fish have been getting more pressure, but those fish might eat anything. I definitely like weed guards if you fish in the turtle grass. Have a Kalek for me
Mark Merrill

mems
04-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Aloha Mel, no problem with rods and reels and lines. You might want to check the flies. I will say this, don't piss off the check in agent. We were headed home from Grand Bahama, and this uptight female from New York got all upset about a 10 minute delay on our flight, well the booking agent got offended and we ended up being delayed and hour. I missed my flight from Miami and we ended up there for the night, so we went to Joe's for stone crab and key lime pie. I saw that lady giving the agent a hard time, and thought, Mon you gotta relax still on bahama time! It is easy for me to relate to that state of mind living in Hawaii. Have a great time, and try not to feed too many sharks! Remember there are bones and then there are BIG bones, Mems.