PDA

View Full Version : Scadden Navigator vs Outcast Commander

Walt
02-27-2013, 10:22 PM
Hi all-

Does anyone have experience of their own or with friends to compare the Scadden Navigator vs the OutCast Commander to help me with my purchase decision? These are open bottom inflatable kayaks that allow you to use them as a boat and be able to stand and fish or you can put on fins and kick them around. I have an earlier generation now.

Thanks

Fly Right
02-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Hi all-

Does anyone have experience of their own or with friends to compare the Scadden Navigator vs the OutCast Commander to help me with my purchase decision? These are open bottom inflatable kayaks that allow you to use them as a boat and be able to stand and fish or you can put on fins and kick them around. I have an earlier generation now.

Thanks
I have a new Navigator which I am very happy with. There are two sizes and I would recommend the larger if you wish to stand up. Also once you get comfortable in the standing position it is a very effective way to fish. Too many birthdays means I sit unless it is very calm.
Other pluses:
The boat is very light so it is easily portaged
It packs up to a small size for transport
It inflates quickly, especially with a battery operated electric pump

If you are using any personal watercraft in moving water wear a PFD.......27 years in public safety taught me that

Walt
03-01-2013, 12:19 AM
I'm also looking at a Watermaster Kodiak. They all look pretty good. I can't find the specs on Scadden's page at this point. What is the size of the larger boat you referenced.

Thanks, Walt

Magic
03-01-2013, 07:59 PM
I have the Watermaster or Water Strider. Top quality ...now on my 15th year. Worth the price if it fits in your budget.