PDA

View Full Version : Delta 2/23

mar
02-23-2013, 01:54 PM
Went for a quick morning session. Forecast called for gusty winds late morning so I figured I have at least a couple hours of tolerable conditions if I started early. Wrong. Pretty rough conditions on fhe San Juaquin. But I was already there so might as well make a few casts.

My efforts got rewarded with a couple of these:
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh134/mar224177/DSC_0452b_zpsc26c05b0.jpg

Decided to call it early before I get clousered.

Rough ride back:
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh134/mar224177/DSC_0455b_zps3b78d50c.jpg

Another nice delta outing despite the conditions.

Hatch
02-23-2013, 08:24 PM
Glad you got out there ! If you don't go you won't know. How are your new Costa's treating you ?
HATCH

Bull_Dog
02-23-2013, 09:50 PM
I am going Monday. Any advise would help. Got a fast boat and a Black Bass fisherman for a captain. (my brother)

Rob

CTS2513
02-23-2013, 10:11 PM
nice work bud

Spicytuna1
02-25-2013, 11:06 AM
Nice work Mar...I was out Sat too when I got the boat the troll motor was dead I thought I was going to be screwed. But with the wind blowing what it was I lined up wind drifts and was quite successful in steering the boat with the outboard. So much wind pushing you like that one gets a good opportunity to steer the boat. However my efforts got me one small LMB and that was it, most other guys I talked to said it was slow as well.

mar
02-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Hatch,
The new Costas are bad-a$$. Very nice fit and comfortable fishing hard all day. Haven't got a chance to do some sight-fishing with it yet, but soon I hope. And got the stickers on the bucket. Thanks again for all the hook-up.

Mr. Tuna,
That's pretty hardcore fishing without a trolling motor. The rock wall I fished had strong currents going left to right with gusty winds straight on so it was constantly pushing me away from the bank. Would have been impossible to fish efficiently without the trolling motor.

Went back again Sunday with a buddy and it was slow. Got one fish each for about 8 hours of chucking. Covered a lot of miles, going through some rough water most of the day.