PDA

View Full Version : Coming this weekend !!!

Baja Fly Fisher
02-19-2013, 08:48 PM
The Fly Fishing Show at the Pleasanton Fairgrounds will be this coming weekend. I understand the exhibitor's spaces have been sold out.
On Friday at 11:30am, I'm in the Catch Room presenting Baja on the Fly. Video footage showing some of my tough little species kicking butt. I will also be hanging around the FlyTyers area. Doing something new this year, changing the venue. I'll be making dubbing brushes and creating some saltwater patterns using wig hair for the body and llama hair brushes to create the head, some great looking flies and a chance to see how to make a "dubbing brush". I'll also be demo'ing the new Solerez UV material that doesn't need a top coat of Sally Hansen's. I will have some wig hair bait fish flies for sale, along with some of my EZ Body Crease flies.
So you guys going to Baja or elsewhere can stock up on some flies. Also included in my tying demo's will be a few tarpon patterns, one is the "toad fly" tied with foam

On Saturday, I will be teaching " How to spin and stack deer hair" class. It starts at 8:30 and goes to 11:30, I supply all the materials, you provide your own materials. BUT you must sign up prior to the class, so I know how much materials I need to bring. Then I'll be back on the floor BS'ing

Sunday, First thing in the Fly Tying Theater, I'll be tying bait fish patterns with wig hair and showing how I create the "airhead" wig hair fly.

For those of you who are looking for wig hair, shoot me an email on the colors you want and I will pack it along. $3.25 per pack.

See you Friday

Jay

Frank R. Pisciotta
02-20-2013, 10:30 AM
I will be in the Truckee Guide NetWork booth and will be in Building P at 3PM Saturday presenting "Tahoe-Truckee Fly Fishing." As I've mentioned on another BB; I like putting names & faces together...please come-by and introduce yourself.

We received about 4" of new snow yesterday at my place at 6500' in Truckee. Right now the snow crystals are glistening; refracting the sun...beautiful! I'm going off the mountain today; after the roads are sufficient clear.

For a quick e-report on fly fishing please see my last entry at www.flyfishingcalifornia.blogspot.com.

Frank R. Pisciotta

Jimmie
02-20-2013, 04:24 PM
I'll be seeing both you guys this weekend! (I always look forward to the Pleasanton show)

Drive safe and Tight Lines!!

Jimmie

Ralph
02-20-2013, 05:13 PM
Jimmie-
We'll be wandering around Saturday. Since you stood me up today (ha! We were snowed in anyway), hopefully we'll bump then.