PDA

View Full Version : Sally Jewell

Ned Morris
02-06-2013, 11:18 AM
Obama tapped REI CEO Sally Jewell to replace outgoing Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar. She appears to be the real deal and a strong supporter of Fisheries spending most of her life in WA state. Any one else hear the same or differently?

Darian
02-06-2013, 06:50 PM
I'm happy. After reviewing info about her, I don't think we can jump to the conclusion that she'll be good or bad for fisheries but her background (mechanical engineer, banking, oil and REI plus boards of NGO's) indicates that she is certainly qualified; given the wide area of responsibilities of Department of Interior. Hopefully, she'll improve on Salazar's record.... :cool:

Larry S
02-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Remember James Watt?
Best,
Larry S

Darian
02-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Yep!!! His appointment was definitely not our finest.... :(

Ned Morris
02-07-2013, 10:31 AM
It could never get worse than Watt. I remember both my father and grandfather referring to Watt as the Antichrist when I was 7 or 8. I also remember I went to Yosemite with my mother around that same time hiking in Merced Grove and she told me that SOB Watt will cut these trees down soon so enjoy them now. Let's give Sally a chance here. President of TU really likes her but that isn't saying much to me given where TU has gone in past 10 years. She's a longtime Democrat from Seattle. Odds are she has a better grasp of Salmonid Fisheries than those two old bats in the CA Senate not to mention Moonbeam who all want to do the unthinkable to the Delta.

Mike O
02-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Teapot Dome anyone?