PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid lake, N.V. Fishing Chair/Ladder

cal_fisher
02-01-2013, 10:24 AM
640864076409Hey guys just a friendly note to show the latest fishing chair. Thanks for looking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PC79s8Gro0

Darian
02-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Where's the fish finder???? ;)

Scott V
02-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Baskets on the wrong side.:cool:

SHigSpeed
02-01-2013, 04:31 PM
So the lowest crossbars are enough to stop the thing from sinking in the sand? If I were to make one, I'd make the sections of tubing below those spreaders longer (maybe 10"?) to better anchor in the sand in case of waves (when not actually in the chair).

Looks good though! Needs a propane heater...

_SHig

SHigSpeed
02-01-2013, 04:33 PM
BTW, is that EMT conduit?

_SHig

catch&release
02-01-2013, 11:58 PM
So the lowest crossbars are enough to stop the thing from sinking in the sand? If I were to make one, I'd make the sections of tubing below those spreaders longer (maybe 10"?) to better anchor in the sand in case of waves (when not actually in the chair).

Looks good though! Needs a propane heater...

_SHig

the bottom crossbars are perfect. you can hardly get that ladder out of the sand after you fished on it for a few hours. I have had this ladder for the last 6 years and the original was invented by Greg Sano.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-02-2013, 07:44 AM
I think it is a really cool...thanks for the great post with picutres and video.

I use to fish Pyramid Lake in the 1970s-80s with the Sacramento fly club, the CFFU.

We just waded back then and use big 9' #9 line fiberglass rods with a 25 - 30 foot leadcore shooting head.

I liked the addition of the ladders and thought it was great for getting up higher over the waves and seeing the fish better in good light conditions.

Now this new seat/ladder might get me back up there because I am sure I could fish longer sitting than standing?

I like it.....kind of like sitting in a pram.........what do you think?

cal_fisher
02-02-2013, 04:00 PM
Hey guy's thanks for the posts. This is the culmination of several modifications fished over the previous two seasons. I can’t take credit for the design as I modified a sample from several years ago.

The leg extensions work as designed allowing solid anchor without any movement yet easily removed and carried.

The chair is a replacement for the utility ladder used in previous years, I looked at the chair available at Crosby and decided it was well built but awkward to transport. The first batch is for me and the group of guys I fish with, but I will assemble more on request.

Bill is correct in assuming the elevated chair makes fishing multiple twelve hours days far more enjoyable. Combined with new age gear and the angler has the advantage. I fish pyramid with multiple rods…

Six weight for midging.
Two seven weights for beetles and streamer on sinking lake lines.
Eight weight for bombing large flies on a shooting head.

The seven weights are light enough to cast all day without fatiguing, yet plenty of power to land the big ones.

So thanks for allowing me to post here, email for information. Bill if you’re interested I would consider a trade.

Regards

Cal_fisher

Nelscon1@earthlink.net