PDA

View Full Version : Burkheimer User's Group

Cal
01-30-2013, 02:31 AM
In collaboration with Kerry Burkheimer and Nate Koenigsneckt I am starting a "Burkheimers Users Group" for Burkie owners and aficianados in Northern California. The object of this group is to have a forum to trade information about rods, lines etc. and for interested parties to get together to try current and new models of Burkheimer Spey, Steelhead (single-hand), Trout and Saltwater Rods.

You do not have to be a Burkheimer owner to join this group.

The Burkheimer guys and their rods do not get down to California very often and it can be difficult to get Demo models to cast. Burkheimer will be at Spey-o-rama this April but not at the Pleasanton Fly Fishing Show, so opportunities to cast the new rods will be rather limited. I have a commitment from Kerry to obtain the latest models of rods and have them available to cast at GGACC or on the American, such as the South Watt Access. I will send an email to interested parties when I get new rods to cast.

Some rods that are new this year and may be of interest are the 6128-4 (12'8" 6 wt), a model which I and many of my friends who fish the Trinity, Feather and Eel have been campaigning for, for some time now. Also new this year is a 7117-4 switch/baby spey and a 8152-4 Clearwater/Big River Rod. If you are into Saltwater fishing, the 7 wt bonefish rod is a real sweetheart.

Kienes Fly Shop has carried Burkheimer Rods in the past and it is my understanding that they will also carry more in the near future.

If you are interested in casting rods as I am able to receive them please shoot me a brief email:

brian_endlich@hotmail.com

and I will add you to my email list.

Terry Thomas
01-30-2013, 08:13 AM
Good idea. PM sent.