PDA

View Full Version : Baja California Sur / La Ventana -Cerralvo Island

Baja Fly Fisher
01-20-2013, 02:02 PM
It's now easier to get to La Paz, BCS. Since Alaska cancelled all their flights into La Paz, all flight destinations will now arrive in Los Cabos. A lot more airlines to select from and in some instances cheaper flights. From there you will be picked up by our shuttle service, Turis Pancho and driven to La Paz.

I still have spaces available in the following weeks:

Apr. 27 - May 4..... Possibly a good time period to cast to Yellow Tail on the surface with a few roosters mixed in. Yellow tail on the fly, nothing like a battle of tackle, fisherman and equipment. One draw back, you could still have windy days.

May 4-11..... Still the possibly of yellow tail but more shots at roosters, jacks, pargo, skip jack, and possibly some shots at early dorado. STILL A COUPLE SPOTS IN THIS WEEK.

Jun 1-8..... Good time for dorado, tuna, sailfish, pargo, roosters, jacks, etc... 2 SPOTS LEFT IN THIS WEEK

Jun 8-15.... Same as the week before...6 SPOTS AVAILABLE

I host these trips and not fish. I'll go out to give instructions to the "new" guy and a lot of moral support and maybe even do some "cheerleading". I have been asked time after time, "when is the best time to catch big dorado", my answer - anytime your fly is in the water. I've got 30lb dorado in April, May, June, July, you pick the time you want to try. If they're there, they're there. If not, that's called fishing. I have many repeat clients who come back year after year. They can tell you some weeks/years have been better than others. The point is you go to Baja whenever you can work it into your schedule

I also have rental equipment

I will be at the Fly Fishing Show at Pleasanton in late Feb. I'm doing a Baja presentation on Friday at 11:30am or you can catch Ken Hanley and I talking, tying at our table, also having a good time.

If you're interested, drop by my web site www.bajaflyfishingadventures.com, pick a time that suits you and JUST DO IT!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/jaysflies/GrandeDorado.jpg
Dorado caught late May 3 years ago

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/jaysflies/Victory2-1.jpg

Rooster caught 2 years ago, off the lighthouse

Jay Murakoshi

JUST UPDATED THE TRIP DATES AND AVAILABILITY....

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-20-2013, 06:58 PM
This is a wonderful, affordable trip that we at Kiene's highly recomend.

Baja Fly Fisher
01-24-2013, 03:31 PM
Looking for a couple single fishermen for Baja....

The week of Jun 1 - 8 and May 18-25.

For details, visit my site at

www.bajaflyfishingadventures.com

Interested, send me an email

Thanks

Jay Murakoshi

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-24-2013, 09:15 PM
Jay has groups of nice folks, as you might imagine.

This is a great afordable trip to a beautiful area.

La Paz is a wonderful town too.

john
02-04-2013, 02:36 PM
Jay, what's the shuttle schedule?

Baja Fly Fisher
02-04-2013, 08:10 PM
John

The shuttle schedule.... Most everyone arriving flys in around 1pm & 3:30pm The shuttle waits there for everyone to arrive
then departs for La Paz. So hopefully no one gets left behind. The driver will have all the names, arrival times and the airlines.
It's been a while since I've seen you.

Jay

john
02-05-2013, 07:56 AM
How 'bout the ride back to Cabo? Trying to figure out airlines.

Baja Fly Fisher
02-05-2013, 09:48 AM
The shuttle usually departs from the La Concha around 7:30/8am.. It depends on who has the earliest departure flight. We leave early enough to allow for road construction, accidents, heavy traffic, etc....
So if we leave around 8am, you usually will be at the airport around 10:30/11am. Also, remember the two hour early arrival time for departure.
The shuttle will usually stop about half way for a short break, like bathroom, more beers, snacks, etc....

Hope this helps

Jay

john
02-05-2013, 11:16 AM
Sure does, thanx.

okkabausa
02-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Anybody looking for used Tibor Pacific with Cam Sigler #14 4 pc Fly Rod and Sage RPLXi 1390-3 with Orvis Vortex 11/12 reel?