PDA

View Full Version : Only a few spots left of Jeff Putnam's Winter Steelhead Fishing Class...

Adam Grace
01-15-2013, 08:26 PM
Our old friend, and master instructor, Jeff Putnam (owner of Jeff Putnam's Fly Fishing Schools) has 4 spots left in his winter steelhead fishing class. The class will begin at Kiene's Grizzly Hackle at 10am this Sunday the 20th.

Here's the link with details:
http://www.jpflyfishing.com/groupclasses/onthewaterclasses/wintersteelhead.htm

If you are interested in developing or honing your steelhead fishing skills this class will teach you more than you can expect. Jeff is a wealth of knowledge and experience. Funny enough after a lesson today, before Jeff left the American River he tied on a fly and took a crack at the run he was just using to instruct his student and after a few casts he landed this beautiful American River steelhead:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/flyguyag/Kienes%20Fly%20Shop/jeffssteelhead.jpg

Jeff Putnam is the REAL DEAL!!!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-15-2013, 09:35 PM
There is a big run of winter Steelhead in the Lower American River right now.

It's up to you now........

Mark Kranhold
01-15-2013, 09:48 PM
Well deserved fish Jeff, seems like you instructors and guides don't get to fish much with your schedules. Congrats on a nice wild chromer!! Adam is right on the real deal. Jeff's knowledge on winter steelheading is top notch as well as his casting lessons. It just amazes me how he can break down every inch of ones casting stroke on a two hander. If you have not had the opportunity to get in on one of his classes this is one you don't want to miss!

Jeff Putnam
01-15-2013, 11:02 PM
I've been fortunate enough to be able to fly fish for over 30 years. In that time I've caught enough fish to satisfy any urge. Now I'm able to fish some of the finest waters around and enjoy every moment of it. It's great to be able to catch fish like these in my backyard. Please release all wild fish, JP

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-16-2013, 11:01 AM
We are getting good reports all the time from those who really fish the river a lot.

This is a solid winter run for the American River....Jan/Feb is the prime time.

We think that fish was caught yesterday afternoon at the Gristmill access.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-16-2013, 11:04 AM
We are getting good reports all the time from those who really fish the river a lot.

This is a solid winter run for the Lower American River....Jan/Feb is the prime time.

The river is going down to 2,500 cfs as we speak (type)........perfect flow for wading.

http://www.kiene.com/portfolio-view/american-river-2/

Jeff Putnam
01-16-2013, 06:52 PM
Class is sold out. I'm scheduling small group-Steelhead Schools. If you assemble a group of 5 or more cost is $75 per person and can be scheduled anytime. Private lessons are also available, JP

Jason Monte
01-26-2013, 10:40 AM
Jeff, any more classes scheduled coming up?

And by the way, can you show us the fly that fish grabbed for you?