PDA

View Full Version : Land locked planted Steelhead in Thermolito After Bay......

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-29-2012, 09:44 PM
http://www.appeal-democrat.com/articles/fish-121171-boat-put.html

Google it for more articles......

Mark Kranhold
12-30-2012, 09:18 AM
Sounds like a good time. I didn't really understand the article about the largest landlock caught to date. They said the first planting of these landlocks was 2007 and then towards the end of the article they said the largest caught to date was 9lbs back in 2007? That's some serious mayfly eating there! I couldn't think a steelhead could make it up the spillway and into the after-bay? Probably just a typo?

Darian
12-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Not sure that going up the outlet is the only way into the afterbay. Plenty of independents around to help out. Stocking can occur by official or unofficial means, especially up there.... ;)

Mark Kranhold
12-30-2012, 12:50 PM
Darian, that was in the back of my mind. A transplant is just a hop skip and jump from the river to the bay:eek:

Walter
12-30-2012, 07:12 PM
Sounds like a good time. I didn't really understand the article about the largest landlock caught to date. They said the first planting of these landlocks was 2007 and then towards the end of the article they said the largest caught to date was 9lbs back in 2007? That's some serious mayfly eating there! I couldn't think a steelhead could make it up the spillway and into the after-bay? Probably just a typo?

There are bigger mayflies in that water than you might think...

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-30-2012, 08:17 PM
I have also heard that it is a good bass fishery too.