PDA

View Full Version : What goodies did you get?

JGB
12-26-2012, 09:28 AM
I have helped my nephew lessen the learning curve of fly fishing, and in return he made me a box of flies - totally unexpected! Not necessarily the "cleanest" flies as he is still learning to tie, but the fact that he thought to make them for me and that he put forth the time and effort was pretty cool. Can't wait to send him a pix of a fish that I have caught with one of his flies.

Were you a good boy/girl? Did you get anything special?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's to All who post and share their knowledge and experience with the rest of us here on Kiene's great board.
JGB

Adam Grace
12-26-2012, 10:24 AM
I got some fleece pajama pants with a fly motif. Fly fishing motif gifts are the norm for me, as it is probably very common for most of you as well, lol. And as usual my Mother bought me my fishing license, as she has done every year since I was sixteen.

This year, since I have been SO good, I bought MYSELF a new spey rod, and patagonia jackets..... I've been VERY good ;)

Hopefully I'll get a chance to meet up with some of you on the water this season.

Happy Holidays to you all!!!

El Rey
12-26-2012, 12:28 PM
I received a gift certificate to my local fly shop. Much appreciated.

Harlan

Tony Buzolich
12-26-2012, 01:18 PM
I got a pair of Abel Nippers :) My most useful tool when I'm out on the water. I wear them around my neck and never take them off. Now got to get my wife to make me another lanyard for them.
Tony

Bob Loblaw
12-26-2012, 01:37 PM
Brodin Ghost

RomieRome51
12-26-2012, 03:14 PM
My GF got me a Redington waterproof jacket for this horrible weather we have been having. She told me "now you have no excuses" LOL

DennisV
12-26-2012, 10:37 PM
A set of 4 Dan's Rigged 'N Ready Bags

now I'm all rigged,

and ready . . .:cool:

rubberguy
12-26-2012, 11:00 PM
i got nothing :(

JGB
12-27-2012, 06:28 AM
rg - Bummer. Maybe RR51's GF has a sister? (brother? ;) )

TB - Niiiiice! Did you get one with a graphic printed?

RR51 - You have made many on this site jealous, even without a visual!

AG - Am jealous, around here I don't get to decide if I was naughty or nice, someone else does...

pgw
12-27-2012, 12:16 PM
A Wirehaired Pointing Griffon...born just before Christmas...coming home in early February.

JGB
12-27-2012, 01:35 PM
Suuuper.

Looking to replace a yellow lab soon.

$$ = Yikes!

JGB

Bob Scheidt
12-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Santa turned my stocking upside down, not sure what that means.
I did tie myself some tungsten bead purple prince nymphs, oh yeah!

Scott V
12-27-2012, 04:43 PM
I got a 30 lb boga grip. Never wanted one until I started fishing in the ocean, all ocean fish have teeth and most are big and sharp. Almost had my nads taken off by a ling cod a couple weeks ago. Not going to happen again.

catch&release
12-27-2012, 08:27 PM
I got a 30 lb boga grip. Never wanted one until I started fishing in the ocean, all ocean fish have teeth and most are big and sharp. Almost had my nads taken off by a ling cod a couple weeks ago. Not going to happen again.

That would be a great tool for Pyramid Lake.

I got a new Super Fat Cat Outcast Pontoon. Took it out Saturday on got the skunk out the the boat in the first 5 minutes.

joshfish
12-27-2012, 09:22 PM
Didn't get any fly fishing stuff this year. Instead I got a Remington 870 supermag shotgun and a hunting license. Haven't hunted in about 18 years but want to pick it up again.

Ed Wahl
12-29-2012, 05:36 PM
I was a very good boy this year.

A Garmin GPS/Training collar for my English Pointer Cash.

If you saw him run you'd understand.

Ed

Larry S
12-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Two pieces of coal. Damn! You folks better be treating those dogs well.
My best present was a 1.75 ml of Knob Creek.
Best,
Larry S