PDA

View Full Version : Lower Yuba Flows Targeted at 1300 cfs

BigKahuna
12-12-2012, 10:50 PM
I got an email today from a friend in contact with the Yuba County Water Agency. The news today from the Yuba County Water Agency is that the Yuba flows are being lowered to 1300 cfs. The new flows will stay in place until future rain falls or lack of rain warrant a flow change up or down.

My take on it is that it appears that their long range forecast is for less rain than normal. The flows will probably stabalize at about the 1300 cfs level or less in the coming weeks.

With that said the river color is still dark with some visibility on the edges at this time.

Always check the CDEC at YPB for current flow patters before going to the lower Yuba.

You can also check out additional Lower Yuba info at www.flyfishingtraditions.blogspot.com (http://www.flyfishingtraditions.blogspot.com)

Clay

Ron B
12-13-2012, 08:44 AM
Good info, Clay! Thanks for sharing.

Scott Thornley
12-13-2012, 04:26 PM
What was interesting, was looking at the pictures you took last Sunday on the Lower Yuba, and comparing them to what we saw on the South Yuba at Purdon bridge that day - 6 foot viz, minimum, with that "I just got to catch a Steelhead" greenish tint.

Might get to the lower Yuba this weekend. I'd love to compare invertebrate populations to what they were ~3 weeks ago.