PDA

View Full Version : Bob Marshall Wilderness Hoof-n-Float

k.hanley
12-03-2012, 08:42 PM
I'd like to invite you to join me for one of my "life list" trips into "The Bob."

The past five years I've been working closely with Angling on the Fly (hotlink on Bill's homepage and in the travel drop down menu). Partnering with Bullseye Outfitters, formerly known as Paws Up Outfitters, Keith has been hosting a terrific wilderness trip into the Bob Marshall Wilderness and down the Flathead River. This coming season I've been given the reins to host a group during July. I'd be honored to share the experience with you.

Here are some of the details and contact information:

Bullseye Adventures (formerly Paws Up Outfitters - same program/packer/staff/etc. - http://www.anglingonthefly.com/PawsUpOutfitters.html)
Program: South Fork of the Flathead River float trip (Bob Marshall Wilderness)
Target Species: West Slope Cutthroat
Other Species: Bull Trout

Hosted Trip Details
Date Options: July 23 - 29, 2013
Host: Ken Hanley
Package: 6 nights camping, 5 days fishing, all meals and beverages
Group Size: 6 anglers
Rate: $4,900 per angler (guided fishing) -- OR -- $3,800 per angler (*non-guided fishing)
Travel Details: Arrive Missoula, MT / depart Kalispell, MT

Trip Itinerary
[July 22: Fly to Missoula; overnight in Missoula at hotel (not included in package)]
July 23: Pickup in the early AM at your hotel; transfer to stables / trailhead; begin horseback ride
July 24-28: arrive headwaters, then fish/float/camp for duration of week on the South Fork of the Flathead River
July 29: float/fish to takeout (arrive by late-AM); short horseback ride (3 miles); transfer to Kalispell for overnight stay (not included in package)
[July 30: Fly home from Kalispell]

*NOTE: "Non-Guided" option receives all of the same amenities in camp - full staff service, camp setup/takedown, cooking/meals/beverages, etc... but you and your fishing partner would row your own fishing raft during the day. The South Fork is not very technical river to row and much of the best fishing is done while wading (use the raft for transport and fishing down the river).

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-04-2012, 12:59 AM
http://www.anglingonthefly.com/PawsUpOutfitters.html