PDA

View Full Version : Symbicort Faux-Fishing Commercial

Adam Grace
12-02-2012, 07:34 PM
Is anyone else on this board insulted by the Symbicort fishing commercial where the "fishermen" are using fly reels, fly lines on half of a spinning rod, while lobbing a bobber into a stream. What makes it worse is when the generational fishing trio "releases" what I can only expect is a trout found in a supermarket into the mythical stream. I can't help it, the fisherman in me, gets irritated by this stupid portrayal of fishing. What do you guys think?

Link to the commercial:

http://youtu.be/UpfalND9DEw

winxp_man
12-02-2012, 07:46 PM
This reminds me of people that come on shooting forums and ask what the best sniper rifle is :D hahahahahaha Then in actual words its a precision shooting rifle. Sniper rifles are only for military use.

Then you have this commercial that goes on TV and shows that some are not to bright :D Gave me a good laugh! It is was it is Adam nothin we can really do about it.

SHigSpeed
12-02-2012, 07:53 PM
I laughed when I saw that commercial. At least they "released" their fish. They must've been using 12 wt reels on their gear rods tho!

_SHig

BillB
12-02-2012, 08:17 PM
I mentioned to my wife the first time I saw that they didn't even have the gear right. I have, however, seen bait guys pull the line back on a similarly rigged outfit and flip the business end out just like that. I have also seen some rig a fly rod with a spinning reel and fish very much like high sticking.

shawn kempkes
12-02-2012, 08:22 PM
It's not a fly reel. It's called a center pin reel. It is a very popular method of fishing in the great lakes for trout and salmon and steelhead. It's also popular in BC. In the winter time I use one alot when I am floating between fly spots. Talk about long drag free drifts.
I always get a laugh when I see a commercial where some total hack is fly-fishing and cant cast twenty feet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NmQp65R-aw

BobVP
12-03-2012, 02:03 PM
I love not having television....

Mike O
12-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Notice at the end of the commercial, the two piece rods are put together....

the_gnarwhale
12-03-2012, 04:11 PM
What do you guys think?

Sweet blog.

Terry Thomas
12-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Nice jacket!

JasonB
12-04-2012, 01:11 PM
I love not having television....

Totally agreed! After renting a room in a house without one back in my early 20's I realized that I really really liked not being constantly bombarded by such junk. And Adam as far as being offended, MOST things I see on TV (those rare moments where I do watch) I find mildly offensive on one level or another.
JB