PDA

View Full Version : Back to the East Cape -

David Lee
11-29-2012, 10:43 AM
Leaving Saturday for a 17-day trip , will try to post updates while I'm there .... and a full report when I return .

You boys enjoy that Red-hot Steelheading while I'm gone ....

D.~

Scott V
11-29-2012, 11:56 AM
enjoy the East Cape, I'm going for dungeness crab!!!

David Lee
11-29-2012, 12:08 PM
enjoy the East Cape, I'm going for dungeness crab!!!

Be safe , paint some anti-White-Shark-graphics on the bottom of your Yak !! Oh , take your 10 wt and some leadcore with you for those moments between checking the Crab-pots . Remember , cast down drift ....

D.~

jbird
11-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Have fun and be safe buddy!

Larry S
11-29-2012, 06:41 PM
David,
Stay safe down there. Always look forward to your reports and pics. Have you been there before at this time/?
Best to you and Candida,
Larry S

David Lee
11-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Jay , thanks !!

Larry - We almost always go in November/December , once in Summer (too hot and humid) . All the horror stories about cold , North wind , etc. .... I've been blow-out exactly 5 times in 48 days down there , so how's that for the OFF season ? Thank you very much for the books , BTW ... it was very kind of you ! I'll be taking the 'founding fish' down w/ me this trip . The lee of Punta Arena is just about always fishable and has bait . I wouldn't want to do a Panga too much in Winter , though .... we'd be fishin' for Seagulls , what with the way I puke on rough water !

Catch you guys soon -

D.~