PDA

View Full Version : Bill Archuleta reel repair

Langenbeck
11-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Absolutely wonderful service from the true master of reel repair. He did my two reels inside 24 hours. He now lives I Grants Pass, has a web site and can be reached atv541-956-1691. A wonderful guy with world class service at a reasonable price.

http://archuletasreelworks.com/

Darian
11-27-2012, 02:31 PM
I couldn't agree more.... :cool:

midger
11-27-2012, 06:37 PM
X3 on the great service provided by Archuleta Reel Works. I've had Bill fix and/or service several of my reels. Great service everytime and very quick turn around on the reels.

David Lee
11-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Bill does wonders !!

I sent a 1495 Pflueger Medalist to Bill for a L/R conversion , the screws were corroded into the frame (I didn't know at the time , but it had been used in the salt by the original owner) - not only did B.A. fabricate new screws , but he tuned the reel so well that it is my favorite out of all the Medalists that I own . It totally purrrs !!

Nice guy to deal with , as well .

D.~

pgw
11-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Over the years, Bill has returned a couple of my reels to servicable status and having been turned into paperweights through my fish fighting efforts...about 20 years ago, after repairing a Hardy Princess that I had tried to fix, he made me promise to never again attempt reel repairs.

I'll confirm not only his repair work but the effectiveness of his reels...I fish with a fellow who has a couple and they are works of functional art that put Abels on the second tier.

Paul

Kneedeep
11-29-2012, 12:26 PM
Simply put...none better.

rouleur35
11-29-2012, 01:11 PM
pic of reel?

pgw
11-29-2012, 04:19 PM
One of the photos on the banner at Bill's website has at least one of his reels in it.

Paul

FRSam
11-30-2012, 03:32 PM
He used to be located in the Santa Rosa area along with Grant King and a couple of other well known names. Worked on an old LRH Hardy reel for me once and worked wonders. I needed it for a last minute trip and I was sure I was going to have to leave it behind but I'll be damned if he didn't have it working and ready to go. Great guy!

Pete

hwchubb
12-02-2012, 12:39 PM
One more satisfied Archuleta Reel Works customer here. He took my Sage 508 and a couple of spools with 20+ years of abuse and brought them back to near new. The reel also spent more time i n transit than in his possesion - incredible. Can't recommend him highly enough.