PDA

View Full Version : Waders, wader bag, old Fenwick HMG rods, Cortland glass 7' rod, Ross III reel & spool

DLJeff
11-24-2012, 10:20 AM
Wife and I bought a new house. It has triggered the need to clean out the closets and de-clutter. I found some fly fishing gear that I haven't used in a long time but that is still very useful stuff. Here's the list:

1. Neoprene (Streamline brand); size medium; probably best fit for someone around 5'-8" 5'-9", waist size 30 - 32; stocking foot, no gravel guards. Used but still good.

2. Red Ball, Extra light weight, stocking foot (not neoprene feet, same material as the waders); size medium; with suspenders. Make a good back up spare set or travel set for light use. Probably best for someone around 5'-8" to 5'-9". You'd need to wear some neoprene booties or an extra heavy pair of socks to protect the feet. Like new.

(I'll throw in a canvas wader bag with the waders, either pair. It's a clam-shell type bag that unzips int a full circle that lays flat so you can stand on it to change.)

3. When my wife and I made a trip to the Talachulitna River in Alaska in 1983, I made us two fly rods from Fenwick HMG GFL 96-6 blanks, 6 wt. Both have been used a few times but still in good condition in aluminum tubes. Rods are 9'-6" long, 2 piece rods, one with orange wraps, oone with red wraps. Cherry wood inserts. (Check out Trout Underground's little article about them: http://troutunderground.com/2009/02/the-underground-picks-the-dozen-best-fly-rods-of-all-time-period/ )

4. [SOLD] Ross GS-4 reel and spare spool both with backing. This reel came with a Sage 10 wt, demo rod. I've used the reel once. The spare spool has never been used. Reel comes in a blue nylon bag, spare spool comes in a tan, leather bag. Makes an excellent back-up reel for bigger salt water fishing.

5. [SOLD] For you retro, fiberglass afficionados: Cortland FR-2000, 7' glass rod for 5 / 6 wt lines; 2 piece. Bought at Dave Cook's Sporting Goods in Denver many years ago. Comes in original plastic rectangular rod tube. Rod has been fished a few times but still in very good condition.

6. JW Outfitters waist / chest pack; dark green. It has three compartments, waist belt with two pockets; neck strap. Used (call it broken in) but still functional.

I also have three non-fly fishing reels.
7. Zebco UL3 Classic FeatherTouch,closed-face, bait caster

8. Shakespeare closed-face bait caster (no model number, about twice as large as the Zebco)

9. Daiwa SK1350 spinning reel (I found this reel attached to a short spinning rod on the upper Sacramento River a few years ago. It'd obviously been in the water. I cleaned it up a little and it seems to function fine. The reel cranks smoothly, the drag tightens and loosens by a knob located at the rear of the reel. The spool is removed by unscrewing a knurled nut on the top of the spool.)
All three of the reels above make good kid's reels. The spinning reel isn't a bad reel for anyone.

Make me an offer on any of the above. I'd prefer they went to someone who will actually use them rather than putting them in the Goodwill pile. I live in Benicia, CA. Happy to take photos of any of the above if you're seriously interested. I'll probably hold onto these for another week or so but then they have to go somewhere.

Email me at: drjeffs630@comcast.net

DLJeff
12-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Bump. Last chance or it's going to Goodwill