PDA

View Full Version : Question about new forum software.....

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-22-2012, 08:21 AM
Do you get the "New Posts" link on the left end of the Forum menu bar?

Thanks

Bob Scheidt
11-22-2012, 09:19 AM
Before I logged in I did, after I logged in I didn't. Thanks for Orvis day, quality time with good folks.

Larry S
11-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Bill,
I see it both before and after log-in. Not sure what Bob is seeing.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Best,
Larry S

jbird
11-22-2012, 09:30 AM
bill, It works fine with my windows software but when viewing it on Iphone or Ipad, the "forum" tag drops down over the "new post" tag and you cannot see or access "new posts"... Even when logged in. Seems like an Apple issue. Maybe if the "forum" tab was relocated on the banner somewhere it wouldnt happen?

Sammy
11-22-2012, 10:30 AM
I see it, both logged in and logged out. Using google chrome

Darian
11-22-2012, 10:53 AM
I'm running an Apple computer. I see the button whether logged in or not....

Suggestion: I know everyone doesn't like to use icons but for those of us who do, I'd suggest the that the post icons be repositioned to the area between the main text box and the thread title box.

As it is, the post icons are placed below the main text box for each post. That makes the poster enter text in the title box, then arrow down to the post icons and back up to the main text box to finish each post.

Gregg Machel
11-23-2012, 04:01 AM
This sounds like it may be a stylesheet issue. I'll work on this and see what I can do. What tipped me off is that it works for some but not others. I recall having to adjust the styles when I built in the custom header and navigation.