PDA

View Full Version : Simms Waders

atavuss
11-22-2012, 07:20 AM
I just got an email from Simms stating that I should send in my waders for a free lookover from Simms. The waders are almost a year old and as far as I can tell there are no holes or leaks, should I send them in anyway?

JAWallace
11-23-2012, 10:57 AM
I'd call them and ask. Simms has great customer service and great products. The techs have been extremely helpful in my experience. I think their unwritten policy is the first time in the shop is free--I sent mine in last year after 11 years of use and they replaced the booties free. I'd verify that their free lookover doesn't count as the first free repair.

itsbenlong
11-30-2012, 08:26 PM
I just received the same from Simms. My booties are just a little too tight and the gravel guards are thin where recently one of my boot tie hooks went through one of them. So I told them and they said they will replace my booties for larger ones and also include the replacement of the gravel guards with their newer gravel guards which are supposedly a little stronger or thicker......I sent them in the next day with a note that asked them to check for any pin hole leaks.

No charge!

DAVID95670
12-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Man I wish I bought Simms. Crap ass Patagonia waders are leaking again less than 5 months after they sent me new ones .....