11-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Just posted the latest video

Crease Fly
http://vimeo.com/54054580

Enjoy this one.... I'm working on the next one

Jay

Darian
11-21-2012, 11:34 PM
Good video!!! Gotta love those crease flies. There're so many ways to finish one of those things to make it look fishy or like other stuff.... Reminds me I've gotta start thinking about replenishing my flies for La Ventana in June. :cool:

jbird
11-22-2012, 06:04 AM
Good stuff Jay! Especially like your foam epoxy brush idea. Im gonna do that.

Something Ive been doing with my crease flies thats just unreal is Ill put lure tape over th foam. Ive used a bunch of different tapes, but fish scale pearl is my favorite. put one coat of epoxy, let it dry, add some sharpy detail and the eyes, then another coat of epoxy. Coloring the fly between coats gives the ink a really cool translucent look.
Give it a whirl :)

Heres the tape I like

http://www.cabelas.com/paints-prism-tape-lure-tape-sheets.shtml?WT.tsrc=CSE&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=03366238&rid=40&mr:trackingCode=726E2FC4-6BB6-E111-8DC4-001B21631C34&mr:referralID=NA&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad=21397152431&mr:keyword=&mr:match=&mr:filter=43600702871

Jay Murakoshi
11-22-2012, 08:21 AM
jbird

I have a bunch of that tape from WTP. This is where I also purchase the eyes in bulk. I must have 100,000 tape eyes and 10,000 3D eyes. I have some holographic sticky paper that I also use. Some one in the southern cal area gave it to me a while back. I think they work for a graphic company that designs boxes for products like crest toothpaste.
I also used fine mesh wedding dress material and use an airbrush to get the scale effect. I had a photo of a fly but forgot to add it to the vide.

Darian, if you forget to make some, I made up 350 crease flies plus a bunch of wig hair bait fish patterns - no too smuggle them into la paz. :)

Jay

Darian
11-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Yee Gads!!!! 350 crease flies??? I guess they must disappear fast down there. :confused:

I've found some closed cell sheet foam at Michael's that comes on a lot of different colors with tape like sheet coverings. These coverings come sprinkled in pearl and other colored dust type particles. These sheets already have adhesive on one side, as well. :cool:

In the past, I've used a straight shanked, saltwater hook for my crease flies and have occasionally experienced the body loosening/rotating around the shank. I haven't used the hump shanked popper hook as I thought it might not be up to the task in salty places. Since I already have some, maybe I'll give it a try. :D