PDA

View Full Version : FHGS Delta Repot

Hatch
11-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Did a 50/50 trip with Kiene's board regular Ben K (AKA Wooly Bugger). We started really early and went to our first stop on the exact wrong tide and, of coarse, found no one home. We made a move and went to one of the many flooded islands and hit the last part of the incoming tide. We set up for a drift and pulled out a pair of XI3s with Rio OB/S6 tied on to our Galvans. We were using some top secret (Ha Ha) Mar Flys, tied by another striper junkie from this board and I was soon into s decent fish. I directed Ben to cast in the direction of my grab and he soon was into one also, only larger. 582358225821We got both to the boat, took a photo and then moved on. Ben got several more ,while I watched, and then the the "spectators moved in". Bait/Conventional gear guys shamlesly moved in to our spot, so we moved to the next break and I watched Ben catch a few more. We had to be home early so we ate a burrito and pulled out at 10:00. Great morning with a class act of an angler on board makes my job really easy.
Thanks Ben.
HATCH

mar
11-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Solid stuff as usual. Nice looking chunker right there.