PDA

View Full Version : First time posting. Lake Davis photos. The fishing was excellent.

Randy Shelton
11-07-2012, 03:36 PM
I fished all month at Davis, most days at Mosquito Slough. Some days fish were difficult to scare up and others they bit like Piranhas. The flies of choice were the Denny Rickard's Callibaetis Nymph and Seal Bugger, bead head pheasant tail, red copper Johns and various various chironomids.

Enjoy the slideshow. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XyPZHMmjaI&feature=youtu.be

Randy Shelton

Mark Kranhold
11-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Very cool Randy! Thanks for sharing those beautiful shots!

Reno Flytyer
11-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Keep posting terrific items like this. I absolutely love Lake Davis, fish it regularly and thoroughly enjoyed your slideshow and accompanying music...nice touch Randy!
RFT

TPO
11-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Great post Randy, I really like it. One question for you though, how come you have picture after picture of beautiful calm water, and every time I fish Davis I'm paddling like a duck in my float tube to avoid being blown across the lake by the never ending gale? I'll have to say though, the fish don't seem to mind the gale... Thanks again for the great pics.

Tom

Randy Shelton
11-07-2012, 09:56 PM
During those gales I was hiding my iPhone/camera, was anchored in a lee or running for cover. Believe me, there were a few days of less than desirable weather.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-07-2012, 10:39 PM
How many days were you there?

This is one of the nicest post we have had on our BB......thanks Randy.

Pretty darn good photos for a cell phone camera?

I just got a iPhone 5 and heard the camera was very good.

Randy Shelton
11-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Thanks Bill. I enjoy photography(additional Youtube slideshows), bluegrass music as well as fly fishing. I parked my fifth wheel trailer at a nearby RV park on October 3, 2012 and moved it home to Pollock Pines on November 6, 2012. I fished almost every day but came home for a couple of days when it snowed mid month. What a trip! Now it's back to work taking pictures, making slide presentations for businesses and playing the fiddle and guitar and of course more fishing, Pyramid here we come. These really were taken with an iPhone 4. Some shots are hazy because they were taken through the plastic lens of a waterproof case for the phone. I hear the newer phones have much better cameras. The quality of shots taken with my iPhone camera zoomed in get very grainy and are of poor quality. Hopefully this will not be the case with newer phones.

Morgan
11-08-2012, 08:02 AM
Awesome trip! Probably tough being back at home after that i bet. Amazing sunrise and sunset photo's. SOme pretty fish as well. Lots of fishing to be had these days. Pyramid shall see me later this week. Thanks for sharing.

Troutstalker55B
11-08-2012, 08:13 AM
Randy,

It was a pleasure meeting you out there, I always wondered who you were zipping around with your electric motor. We saw some serious wind on the Halloween didn't we ;) Thanks for the pictures and the most fantastic post/slideshow I've seen in a while! Welcome aboard.

Jon.

betty
11-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Hi Randy
Think we met out in mosquito slough and at lightning tree campground. Thanks for those awesome photos and the memories of some great fishing.
Davis is wonderful.
Betty