PDA

View Full Version : Reports

Baja Fly Fisher
11-07-2012, 10:29 AM
on small mouth in rivers or lakes. I'm looking to wet a line before the real cold weather comes in. Looking to do a little fishing and more video shooting. Usually the early fall is a good time of year to locate one or two SM, not really big on stripers, although I'm planning on hitting SL next week. I was going this week but after getting a report from a friend and two days not a bump, I decided to bag it and work in the yard

Any info on SM

Jay

Darian
11-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Jay,.... Just got back from fishing with my partner around the Moke (B&W Marina). Lots of fish marked on the fish finder. Very few caught. All dinks. None on top. We fished top early and deep later. They just weren't eating.

Water temps in Potato Slough at 64 degrees, on the Moke 62 degrees. Water was very clear on the incoming tide but cloudier on the out going. Best fishing time was early when the tide was incoming.

If I were to recommend a spot in that area, it would be out of New Hope or Wimpys. Then you could get up into the sloughs in that area. Warmer, clearer water, get some protection from the wind, etc.

Beautiful day, tho. Lotsa Geese, ducks, raptors and general bird types. :cool:

JAWallace
11-14-2012, 09:21 PM
I'm looking for smallies too.

Was up at Scott's Flat two weeks ago and spotted several cruising, but could only get one to take a fly. Decent fish. Fished where Darian did after getting boned on stripes last weekend, nothing. Maybe Jenkinson? I was there in early September but only stuck one--WT still 75 then, too high. Maybe Folsom too. Had a very good smallie spring there this year.