PDA

View Full Version : A Guide's High; Lake Davis 10/27

Troutstalker55B
10-27-2012, 10:29 PM
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i424/moto55b/Lake-Davis-404-web.jpg

Shrouded in a blanket of freezing fog I awaited for my clients in a desolate Camp 5 Parking lot. Dave and Bob from the east bay had never fished Lake Davis until today and I wanted to share with them the hunt for fishing off the bank to eager trout in the shallow water. Today water temps started at 44 degrees but rose to 55 by late afternoon. The main body of the lake was packed with tubers and the San Jose Flycasters were out in force for their fish out. I chose some spots for my boys away from the masses that offered those shy rainbows some sanctuary.

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i424/moto55b/Lake-Davis-204-web.jpg

Bob was into a fish right off the get go. I had to teach them how to strip set since many of the takes were so light. This time of year the fish are so hungry that they will hit your fly multiple times. If you get a hit, don't lift the rod, keep your fly in the strike zone because you will get another hit.

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i424/moto55b/Lake-Davis-206.jpg

These Rainbows are in great shape right now, 90% were clean of any parasites and super colorful!

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i424/moto55b/Lake-Davis-207-web.jpg

Once Dave mastered the take he was landing fish left and right. There was one spot in front of him a mere 25 ft away where he hooked into 9 of them.

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i424/moto55b/Lake-Davis-207.jpg

Fish ranged from 15-20" today. We also had plenty of risers in front of us and the boys had never had so much fun casting to targets and stalking individual fish. Between the two of them they touched at least 50 rainbows and landed about 30 of them!

There is a high for guides after a day like today that no drug or bottle of booze can replicate, your so pumped up; you glow! It is so satisfying to me to be able to share and teach the this style of fly fishing stillwaters. I give my students a solid foundation that they they can grow from and have confidence on the water when they are out there on their own. That in its own is worth more to me than anything. I'm happily tired from chasing these two trout bums around with a net all day.

The fall bite is peaking at the lake right now, get your butt up there and experience some magic!

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i424/moto55b/Lake-Davis-203.jpg

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Excellent Jon....looks like my kind of fly fishing.

Maybe next October I will be able to be there.

Morgan
10-28-2012, 08:13 AM
I always see boats nearby.....is it neccesary to have a boat to get to the holes?

Troutstalker55B
10-28-2012, 08:25 AM
Bill, your welcome on my boat anytime. I would love to share with you what I know about the lake; next October it is.

Gangster, boats are not mandatory at all. The best way to approach Lake Davis is a float tube or pontoon boat. PWC are the most effective way to fish a stillwater as you have so many options from fishing deep water, to getting out and fishing off the bank. Many regulars use a float tube to go from point to point on the west shore and fish off the bank. My main reason for bringing a boat is comfort for my clients, some do not want to wade on a muddy shoreline. If your a gear head the boat allows you to bring enough of it to outfit an army depending on the size of the boat. For myself a boat means I can go somewhere else if a certain bucket is not producing and be in a new location in minutes.

Jon.

FRSam
10-28-2012, 08:45 AM
Great stuff Jon...a day like that makes it all worthwhile...being able to share all that you've learned over the years has got to be rewarding. I know fishing with you over the years has been a kick and we've had some great times. Your enthusiasm is electrifying....I remember shore fishing off Freeman earlier this year in search of damsels & big rainbows when all of a sudden I hear "GAME ON!!!"' hell I think everyone one the lake heard you. I look over and there you are bent rod in hand, stripping in line with a big grin on your face. We spent the next couple of hours sight fishing rainbows in shallow clear water...it doesn't get much better than watching a rainbow turn and wake toward your damsel pattern after that perfect cast.

It's got to feel good getting paid for something you love doing...nice work.

Pete

gene goss
10-28-2012, 09:15 AM
Great post and pictures Jon, its nice to see Davis Lake coming back. The snails were a great food source to faten up those trout in the fall, and i didn't see that many snails this year, lets hope with high water levels and good weed beds the snails will come back soon.

fishnbeatsworkin
10-29-2012, 06:40 PM
I don't post very often but I have to give thumbs up to Kiene's fly shop and Jon for this trip.

Bob & I booked Jon back in April to fish the Middle Fork of the Feather River. After talking with him & watching his presentation about fishing Lake Davis at Kiene's Expo, we decided to wait until fall & hit Lake Davis instead.

On our way up to Portola on Friday we stopped by Kiene's and I tried out their welded loop repair that they have mentioned in other threads. The guy who helped me said he wasn't sure if his repair would hold, but after hooking into close to 30 Lake Davis trout over two days, I can report that their loop repairs do work. If you have a fly line that needs repaired stop by & they will hook you up.

We met up with Jon at the Camp 5 boat ramp Saturday morning at 8:30. After a short boat ride in the mid 20 degree temps we pulled into a cove. There were already several float tubers on the water on the other side of the lake. Jon rigged us up with his own flies & leaders. In less than 20 minutes we were into fish and the action continued all day.

Later in the afternoon there were several fish rising. We would cast to what direction we thought the fish was heading & in less than no time we had another fish on. The grabs were pretty much non-stop all day.

Like Jon mentioned in his post, the others on the lake weren't having nearly the success we were. At least it didn't sound like it. There was one funny moment when I heard a guy across the lake who had just caught a fish yell to his buddy & say "This is what they look like in case you've forgot." I guess its universal that fisherman are never at a loss to bust their fishing partners balls when they're not catching fish.

Bob & I can't say enough about our experience fishing with Jon. He had all the right gear, he had a great attitude, he shared lots of knowledge of the lake & surrounding areas, taught us how to fish a lake neither of us had ever fished before, corrected some of our bad habits, and put us onto the fish. As one who mostly fishes dry flies on streams, it was also nice to figure out the strip setting. It took a few misses, but eventually I figured it out.

We hiked thru the snow on Sunday back to the same cove since we only had one float tube. If you are the duck hunters we walked onto, sorry about spooking the ducks, we didn't know you were there. We only fished for a couple of hours before having to head back to the Bay Area. We ended up catching another 5 between us, but more importantly we didn't miss nearly the number of takes that we did starting out on Saturday.

All in all, a great 2 day trip. If you're thinking of fishing up there & need a guide, don't hesitate to contact Jon. He definitely knows his stuff.

Dave

GoldenStone
10-30-2012, 02:13 AM
The fish shots were great, but that first shrouded fog shot was amazing! A blue ribbon shot!

jbird
10-30-2012, 03:22 AM
Great post and photos! I sure miss western trout lakes :-(

jrief
10-30-2012, 03:53 PM
I made it up to Lake Davis last Friday and Saturday. I was a little worried being that I drive an old Camry and didn't want to test the snow on the West side of the lake. Who should we run into but Jon B. launching on a rate day fishing for himself. He was headed over to the mosquito slough side of the lake, but was nice enough to recommend we try sheeps creek. Thanks for the advdice.
We didn't do as well as his group on Saturday, but we got into some nice trout averaging between 18-20 inches. Lot's of snow on the west side and much less on the east side. Next time I'm booking a trip with Jon :).
I'll try to post some pictures when I get to my lap top. Can't seem to upload from an IPad.

Troutstalker55B
11-03-2012, 08:23 AM
FYI - The weather is going to be fantastic today through next Thursday at the lake with highs from 60-70 degrees!

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i424/moto55b/Lake-Davis-51.jpg

You can expect flat water, rising fish during the warmest point of the day, and the willows glowing with fall color. It doesn't get any better than this boys and girls! A friend was up at the lake yesterday in jeans and street shoes catching them off the bank without getting his feet wet - That's how shallow of water these rainbows are coming into feed.

Thanks for all the kind words posted above, It's been a pleasure sharing.

YEM
11-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Jon,

Thank you for talking about sight-fishing in the Fall at Lake Davis. I finally tried it on Friday and Saturday, and it was fun! I couldn't have done it without the knowledge you share freely on this forum, on Facebook, and on your blog.

I stopped at the J&J Grizzly Store on Friday and the lady said you just delivered a new batch of flies. I knew I better get some Baiocchi Sheep Creek Specials. And that's what I used to catch the first trout I saw cruising a few feet off the bank! The fish weren't rising at first, but when they did... Now I understand why you say it's the best game in town.

I took this picture yesterday around noon. The spot was going crazy until the wind put the fish down. I did alright with size 14 emergers, but I need to work on my game. I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks again,

Dave

FRSam
11-04-2012, 04:27 PM
It really doesn't get much better...I'm stuck at home with a bad back and it's killing me not being able to get out to the lake! And of course Jon is out there today again probably having the time of his life or at least helping someone discover that there's a lot more to Stillwater fishing than just trolling from a tube. Be careful...it can be very addicting.

Pete

Rockman
11-04-2012, 10:40 PM
I'll confirm that the fishing is great. I have waded for fish in the fall for many years. I left my tube at home so I would not have a choice. Released over 30 fish in the 17" -20" slot and a few dinks (14"-15"). The rises are sporadic during the calm times, don't be discouraged, walk with stealth, cast to the weed clusters which are getting sparse due to lower water temps, and keep fishing new water. I got fish within 5 minuets and was getting fish & grabs till it got dark, I started late at 9 a.m.. Some of the fish are not rising on bugs, but cruzing on top, if you see a surface disturbance, get a cast within 5 feet and you got grabbed, several big fish made wakes going to get your fly.
For stillwater fishing, it does not get better then this. Crystal buggers, Rickersts Stillwater nymph, and of coarse, Sheepscreeks, fished on a floating line while wading in 2'-3' of water.
If I ever figure out my new camera's editing software, I'll post some pic's.
Temps were great, wind was minimul, fishing was fantastic!!!
Anybody who loves sight fishing for aggressive fish, GO NOW!!!
Rockman

Troutstalker55B
11-05-2012, 10:50 PM
YEM,

I'm so stoked you got a taste of the magic! It's my pleasure to be able to help anglers have a great time on the water and make the memories that last a lifetime. The last two days were the best days I have seen all year on the lake, and I didn't even make one cast.

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i424/moto55b/100_1005.jpg

Dan and Dean from the east bay had the best time with perfect conditions yesterday and today. In two days they touched about 140 rainbows, and boated about 100. So many fish we lost count on exact numbers. They presented their flies with floating lines in shallow water, Int. lines with an extremely fast strip in 6-8 feet of water, and even wanted to learn the Jay Fair style of trolling; Everything kicked ass! Top flies; Burnt orange and dark fiery brown wiggle tails #12, and Sheep Creek specials #12. Today it got close to 70 degrees and I was in a t-shirt! Arctic air and some snow moving in the next few days but the fishing will still be good for those hardy enough to withstand the conditions. I'll be back up after the storm.

Jon.

Luv2Fish
11-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Fished Davis on Sunday. Only used a cinnamon seal bugger on an intermediate line all day. Caught 16 and lost 5-6. I kept watching near the shoreline for signs of cruising trout but never saw any so I just stayed in the tube. I got a couple that were 20", a few 19", and many 18-17"ers. Great to see the trout at Davis starting to get somee shoulders on them like back in the good 'ol days!!

Rockman
11-06-2012, 07:56 AM
I don't know how much growth takes place in a year at a fertile lake like Davis, but after getting so many fish in the 18" - 20" range, it got me wondering, how big will these fish be next year? If Davis gets at least an average snowpack, I gotta believe next year could be even better. The only way to find out is to keep fishing. I hope I'm lucky enough to get my line wet a couple of more times before the freeze. Thanks Jon for your informative post.

Rockman

Troutstalker55B
11-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Next year the fish will increase in size and girth but to be honest we need those snails back to get the rainbows in the 4-6 pound range again. I wish DFG would reintroduce snails back in the lake or maybe some anglers can bring some in from Frenchman's ;)

SHigSpeed
11-06-2012, 09:38 AM
Next year the fish will increase in size and girth but to be honest we need those snails back to get the rainbows in the 4-6 pound range again. I wish DFG would reintroduce snails back in the lake or maybe some anglers can bring some in from Frenchman's ;)
I like this idea! Funny thing is I saw snails at Davis a couple of years ago, but this year nada. The trout I caught this weekend had bellies full of daphnia - no snails, no midges, no crawdads. I wonder why they died off? (Or at least seemed to...)

_SHig

FRSam
11-06-2012, 01:28 PM
I like this idea! Funny thing is I saw snails at Davis a couple of years ago, but this year nada. The trout I caught this weekend had bellies full of daphnia - no snails, no midges, no crawdads. I wonder why they died off? (Or at least seemed to...)

_SHig

I think it had to do a lot with the increased population of crawdads...they're voracious feeders and can really clear an area out in little or no time. All the birds were into the snails as well. And finally that last treatment had to have something to do with it. If memory serves it didn't seem like it was gradual more like all of a sudden they were gone. I agree with Jon we need the snails to bulk up the fish.

Pete

Troutstalker55B
11-06-2012, 05:53 PM
The snail population first started to collapse in 2003 when Division of Water Rights (DWR) planned on dumping a bunch of water so the Forest Service could repair both Camp 5, and Honker Cove boat ramps. Despite a formal complaint filed by the Baiocchi family and The Anglers Committee to stop the project knowing full well that it would be bad for the aquatic insects and the like, it went through. They lowered the water of the lake very rapidly and left millions of snails high and dry on the bank. The reeking stench for weeks to follow was all the proof one needed. The second treatment was the nail in the coffin in my opinion. As far as the crawdads go, they were there back in the 90's when we had prolific snail populations. Could crawdads eat all the snails? Many questions, few answers.

Hey Pete when that back of yours heals up go over to Frenchman's and get a few buckets full of snails and dump them in Slaughter House Cove for us ;)

Troutstalker55B
11-08-2012, 10:32 AM
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i424/moto55b/Lake-Davis-108.jpg

Here is a pic of a 5 pound rainbow I caught the day before the first treatment in the fall of 97. This rainbow was one serious animal as it took me a long time to bring it to the net, towing me around in my tube for quite some time. Its belly was full of snails. I hope someday these brutes will be back.

Rockman
11-08-2012, 12:21 PM
I have an opportunity to fish Davis again this Sunday, my question to you guys who get to fish it much more frequently is: With a strong low pressure system coming in and pretty cold temps, snow, should it shut down the nice shoreline bite we have been having? or due to the cold, the fish get more aggressive to fatten up for the winter. Any thoughts? With the temp. predictions for Sunday, it could be a challenging day. Opinions on this are welcomed.
One other question regarding the lack of snails. Has anyone put a proposal with DFW to re-introduce the snails? Maybe " borrow" some from Frenchmans?

Rockman

Troutstalker55B
11-08-2012, 01:19 PM
Rockman,

To answer your question, yes, the fish will still be in the shallows and will continue to be until the shore ice creeps in and covers the coves. There are two factors that the fish like this time of year, first off the shallow water heats up quicker and trout like to be comfy. Secondly, much of the food is in the shallows; That's is why they are there! The trout at Davis will start to trickle down to the south end of the lake as more ice forms and colder weather sets in. Eagle point, Catfish cove, and Mallard cove come to mind.

There are so many ways to catch fish at Lake Davis right now as they are on the gorge to fatten up for winter. It's really up to the angler; what game do you want to play? At Eagle Lake, air temps do not dictate poor fishing. I've caught many fish when it was minus degrees. Davis and Frenchman's are a little more sensitive but you can still hook trout in cold weather off the bank.

DFG helping with snails? They've spent enough money up there and I doubt they would ever consider something like a project of that sorts. It would interesting to see them do it and to find out how long it would take for the snails to repopulate. See you up there on Sunday as I have a trip scheduled; One thing for sure it will be time to bust out the backpacking stove and the cup-o-soups to stay warm!

vaughn
11-09-2012, 12:30 AM
Last year at this time I caught two fish up at Mosquito packed with snails- crunchy bellies and all. I posted a couple of stomach content pics. Since then I've caught countless Davis fish without a hint of a snail. Very strange.

Vaughn

Troutstalker55B
11-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Off to the lake in the am with clients, we will be hiking in as the lake has received 10-12 inches of fresh pow so no more boat for the season. This could be the end unless we get a huge warm up. Report to follow...

Troutstalker55B
11-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Despite what I was told the day before about Lake Davis getting 10-12 inches was false. The lake got about 2-3 inches of very light pow. When we arrived it was 20 degrees, the sun was out and it really was not all that bad as no gloves were needed for the hike out.

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i424/moto55b/100_1011.jpg

There was a precarious creek crossing with a chance of falling through. in just a few days of cold weather the ice was thick enough to withstand my weight. Shore ice had formed in various areas and some coves were locked in solid. There was plenty of open water in productive buckets thanks to the coots being active next to the shore and keeping the ice from forming. Air temps increased and it was quite pleasant out, there was not a puff of wind to be had for most the day until a very slight breeze came out of the south east.

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i424/moto55b/100_1014.jpg

Mario was into a fish right away and averaged about 10 fish an hour. About 60 fish were touched and 50 to the bank. Water temps ranged from 38-44 degrees. The rainbows were moving through in big pods and the action was great all day. The top fly was a burnt orange wiggle tail #12. A stomach sampling revealed damselfly nymphs (some were still alive!), daphnia, and a few crawdads. Mario was amazed at how many fish he caught standing in one place without even wading off the shore - They were in close!

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i424/moto55b/100_1015.jpg

An average sized rainbow. Today the fish were 17-20" and clean. I was amazed at how many fish were rising for midges despite the very cold water temps.

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i424/moto55b/100_1017.jpg

Fishing pressure was light and the roads were in great shape. I expect the cold temps at night will keep what ice has formed to stay but average daytime temps for the upcoming week will thaw most of this. If the lake gets any wind it will help break up the ice and keep the fishing access open off the bank.

Mario had never fished here in the fall but now knows why I get SO excited for this time of year. In one word he described the fishing today - "INSANE!"

fishnbeatsworkin
11-11-2012, 11:26 PM
That fence line looks familiar. Sounds like a great day.

gene goss
11-12-2012, 08:19 AM
Great post Jon....nice to see that those trout are still in the skinny water.....is that a float tube in the back ground?

Morgan
11-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Awesome report! So much fishing around us up here its hard to decide where to go. Lake davis is still on my wish list. That looks like a blast! Anyone care to pm me a good hike in location for tommorw?

FRSam
11-12-2012, 09:17 AM
Looks like another great outing Jon. Your pictures tell the story...I'd been a little leery about crossing over the creek but you've gotta do what you have to do to get to the fish and you definately got into the fish! Looks like you've got another angler hooked on the Fall shore fishing at Davis...it just doesn't get much better...yeah "INSANE" about sums it up.

Pete

Rockman
11-12-2012, 10:37 AM
We also got into some nice fish, not any pods like Jon, but still a beautifull but chilly day of fishing. We arrived about 9 at Jenkins Point, sunny and around 14 degrees. Frozen shoreline with a few icebergs floating close to shore. Jamie was still rigging when I launched my tube, first cast a nice 19" bow. Got a lot of short strikes today, many grabs, but only about 18 fish landed. The water had dropped from the low 50's last week, to the low 40's this week. Last night, I bought a variety pack of heat packs, the kind you shake up. They made the whole day fishable. They now have a size that is made to stick to the bottom of your sock. They work!! I also put one in my wader pocket. After releasing a fish, I had a microfibre towel to dry my hands, then I would grab the heat pack out of my wader pocket to warm them. I won't fish cold water without them again. They are cheap too!! The road into Jenkins is fine, about 3" of packed snow so you can still get to the waters edge and launch your tube. We also brought a portable propane heater which was priceless while shedding waters in the dark. The bottom line, if you prepare for the elements, you can still enjoy tubing in the cold. Great day of fishing, beautiful scenery, great friend to fish with!
Another highlight was having a big golden eagle come by twice, only the second time I have seen one in this area. Incredible wing span on these birds. I hope I can get a couple more days in before the freeze
Tight Lines
Rockman

FRSam
11-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Great shots...looks like you had Jenkins to yourself and some good fishing to boot. I've seen quite a few bald eagles at Davis but have only seen the golden eagle twice, both times at the north end of the lake. They're pretty impressive and tough to photograph...it's not like you're sitting there waiting for them...they just come out of no where. Looking forward to further reports...today & tomorrow should be good days with calm winds and outside temps in the mid forties.

Pete

Troutstalker55B
11-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Nice pics Rockman, I'm stoked you got to fish and enjoy yourself! We saw the Golden Eagle too, headed due south west towards you - That's one big bird! I have a tip for you on the short strikes that Jay Fair taught me; They aren't really short strikes at all. What is happening is the fish takes in your fly and spits it out before you really get a chance to set the hook. This time of year the fish are doing this multiple times while following your fly on the retrieve back in. I had a fish do this 6 times to me before I finally got a solid strip set on. Those fish will follow your fly all the way back to the bank, and if you pull your fly out of the water real slow they will grab it as it rises (like an emerging bug) right in front of you.

Gene - Those are not tubes in the picture but backpacks filled with the all the essentials to make one comfortable out there (stove = hot food!). I've missed your company out there pal!

I'm headed up Wednesday for a half day trip and to bring the boat back to Nevada City for the winter.

Rockman
11-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the tip Jon! I hope I get the chance to fish the bank again before the freeze. I should have walked the bank last Sunday, but ended up tubing the day away. The golden eagle swooped down on a flock of coots out on the point north of Jenkins twice. I thought it was going to grab one each time but did'nt. My guess he has tasted mud hens before. Hehe! Even from my distance when he landed on top of a tree, you could tell this was no ordinary eagle. What a huge body. Hope we meet some day up there. It's always a pleasure to meet people who have a passion for what they do and share their passion with others. Fish On!!579657975798

Troutstalker55B
11-24-2012, 10:27 AM
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i424/moto55b/100_1020.jpg

November 23th and not another fly angler in sight but my boys, there was nobody. The weather yesterday was absolutely gorgeous, 58-60 degrees, and not a puff of wind to be had. The water temps ran 42-47.8 degrees and there was no ice or snow to be found thanks to the last storm being so warm. Snow geese were hanging out before making the long flight south, and the coots were still tearing up vegetation while being on the lookout for one hungry northern harrier hawk that was swooping in for the kill. It was one of those unbelievable days when you had to pinch yourself and say "Really?"

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i424/moto55b/100_1018.jpg

Duane from Anaheim and his nephew Will had such a good time hooking fish in the skinny water. The fishing is still great but the fall bite is past its peak, not as many hook ups today as the past 3 weeks have provided. There were some rising fish as well and quite a bit of small brown spiders falling on the water when their web rides came to an end. The fish were keying in on them. Floating lines, 3x, burnt orange and peacock wiggles tails got the attention of rainbows running 16-19". One fish was 23" and close to 4 pounds, it was a real slab!

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i424/moto55b/100_1021.jpg

It's safe to say we have some more fans of fly fishing stillwaters off the bank. Once I show anglers just how easy it can be during the most productive times of the year they understand why this game is so special. Another shot of rain/snow is forecasted from late Wednesday through Sunday, but until then it's going to be nice during the day at Lake Davis. Go get some 'cause once she freezes over it's a long time until the damsels get active and the fish are found in the skinny water right at your feet.

FRSam
11-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Geeze look at that water...talk about flat. And no snow to speak of...it doesn't get much better. Great shots Jon. Looks like I missed out on a lot great fishing this Fall but thanks for bringing the reports and pictures into my cabin via this great forum. I plan on making up for missed fishing this coming Spring. Mean while I've got the fish soaking in the brine waiting for the smoker.

Maybe we can still get over to Frenchman's and tag some of those pigs you got into fishing the Big Ugly.

Pete

fishnbeatsworkin
11-25-2012, 09:59 PM
"One fish was 23" and close to 4 pounds, it was a real slab!"

Jon, where's the pic of the slab? Inquiring minds want to know

Troutstalker55B
11-25-2012, 10:08 PM
Dave,

I'll post that fish pic when I get it from Duane. I still can't believe how nice the weather was and how we had the place to ourselves! Unreal...

fishnbeatsworkin
11-25-2012, 10:13 PM
Jon, Good job. keep it up. I couldn't rally any of the troops to head up there today. They all wanted to watch football instead of catch fall fish.