PDA

View Full Version : Davis Access

Rockman
10-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Would like to get back up this weekend, anybody have any reports about access after the snow, and how much snow they got. The forcast is for warmer daytime temps so I'm hoping the west side road will be open.
Thanks
Rockman

FRSam
10-25-2012, 01:16 PM
JonnyB just called me from the lake...he said there was anywhere to 3" or 12" of snow on the ground. Said the west side road had been plowed to Camp Five. He also said someone had put in with a boat at Camp Five.

We haven't had any snow today and temps are warming so you shouldn't have any trouble for the weekend.

I know Jon plans to put in at Camp Five Friday & Saturday with clients...

Pete

Rockman
10-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the road report, hopefully will see some great fish reports in the next week, should be prime time with cooler water and rising barametric pressure.
I HOPE!!
Will

FRSam
10-26-2012, 10:18 AM
I'm looking forward to hearing from Jon how he did today. Outside temps this AM were 30 degrees...I'm at 4600ft and Davis is about 5600ft so I'm sure it was some where in the 20's this morning. Otherwise blue skies and no wind to speak of...should be a good day on the lake.

Pete

Troutstalker55B
10-26-2012, 06:06 PM
Much of the snow has melted and Camp 5 boat ramp is totally clear, the road in is still packed snow but accessible even for a two wheel drive vehicle. The big news is water temps are way down from 55-58 to the present 44-47! Fishing remains great and very little fishing pressure on the lake except mosquito slough and fairview point.

The drop in water temps has fish scattered and the takes were super light today. Some fish are still rising for small black back swimmers.
Sheep creek specials with a peacock body has been hot. The weather will remain nice and air temps getting warmer as well. Keep a close eye on the weather as the lake may be done in the weeks to come if we get more storms like the last one. Bottom line; get it now while you can!

jayclarkflyfishing
10-27-2012, 06:02 PM
I've been on the lake the past 4 days and have been fishing Fairview. I broke trail in on Wednesday through 16-24" drifts and now the road is a mixture of snow covered and mud. Its getting a lot of traffic from hunters and fisherman. Water temps climbed to 50 today but I was off the water early to watch my team lose. The fishing is solid and a variety of patterns are working from Rickards seal bugger in olive to wiggletails to midges. The fish seem to be transitioning into deeper water as they adjust to the cooler temps. Slow stripping with an intermediate line has been money.

Jay